NewsFeeder

Jalopnik: GM CEO Henderson: "Bob Lutz Says A Lot Of Things, But He Works For Me" [Over The Back Fence]

68 posts in this topic

504x_504x_GM-CEO-Fritz-Henderson_601.jpgWhen Autoblog asked GM CEO Fritz Henderson about Bob Lutz's comments on the G8 becoming a new Chevy Caprice, his response was much different than what he gave when asked the same question later by two print journalists.

The comment he gave Autoblog? "We've been looking at it for police applications. As for whether or not it's broader than police applications, I am not a believer in re-branding and re-badging. We've been talking about in terms of potential police applications and we'll leave it at that."

Then, to the two print journalists, his comment was: "No. It's not going to happen." Then, when pressed for a specific comment about "Maximum" Bob's remarks, Henderson retorted in his best "I'm the decider" voice: "Bob Lutz says a lot of things, but he works for me." Awesome. Way to tell off Bob for straying off the reservation.

It seems to us like Fritz is saving his best lines for the non-online outlets, doesn't it? It's too bad neither print journalist actually published this quote as it's SO much better than the Autoblog quote.

di
di

full?d=H0mrP-F8Qgo full?d=yIl2AUoC8zA full?i=04kj3sXKaoI:a046Ez6KiVc:D7DqB2pKE full?i=04kj3sXKaoI:a046Ez6KiVc:V_sGLiPBp
04kj3sXKaoI

View the full article

Fritz is a ditz.

Say it with me, "Fritz is a ditz! Fritz is a ditz!"

I won't lie; I would really love to see the G8 come to the Chevrolet portfolio. But as it's already been said, it's another headline article on www.notgonnahappen.com. I'm not buying into the New GM's staged drama over the car.

Fritz is a ditz is right. I would love ask him a few really tough questions. If this car doesn't come fine, but if it only comes for law enforcement, I will be pissed. I still want it, and I think it could happen.

I'm not a fan of beancounters.

He's a f@#king idiot. Someone had to say it. He should be sent packinga long with Red Ink Rick.

Oh, and Ditzy Fritzy, where were you the past 30 years or som GM was rebadging everything from Pontiacs to Cadillacs? What's one more? At least this one doesn't suck ass.

Doesn't Fritz the Ditz look like a big beaver with a mustache getting ready to chuck away on a big hunk of government wood in that picture?

Lutz for President and CEO!

Edited by YellowJacket894

So what was the point of getting rid of Wagoner again? They put someone worse in his place.

So what was the point of getting rid of Wagoner again? They put someone worse in his place.

Seems like it.

So Lutz works for Fritz... but the US gov is the biggest shareholder now... so Fritz works for US. It's time to fire Fritz or set him straight.

Well, Fritz WAS PICKED to succeed Wagoner because he was a continuation of Wagoner.

Well, Fritz WAS PICKED to succeed Wagoner because he was a continuation of Wagoner.

+1

And not impressed so far......

Oh, and Ditzy Fritzy, where were you the past 30 years or som GM was rebadging everything from Pontiacs to Cadillacs? What's one more? At least this one doesn't suck ass.

"I am not a fan of rebadging"

Says the man who is apparently overseeing the XTS Lexus ES fighter that will reportedly be a Lacrosse with a Cadillac interior.

:rolleyes:

GM needs to invest in a "rockstar" level CEO, a household name that can inspire and lead.

Fritz is just a climber of ladders and an apologist trying to show his "energy" and "willingness to move more quickly".

More than that is required by the circumstances.

"Still I look to find a reason, to believe"

Bye bye bye -Fritz! With you at the helm, the ship is heading for the rocks and you cannot see it due to those 'rebadged welding glasses you are wearing in place of your reading glasses that should be showing you the writing on the wall. Lutz is not the second coming of Christ, but he knows his stuff - you MAY want to listen to him or I will personally see to it that Lutz can Arm his jet and blow you off the tarmac on whatever GM car you are screwing up out on the black lake at Milford.

Ladder climbing bean counters need to be removed from GM management.

well i'm not disappointed in him in the least, he can come to my house and knock on my front door and give me the word himself. i'll still be getting me a new RWD buick or impala someday, but i have known from the start that it wouldnt be after the 87 model year for the buick and it wouldnt be after 96 for the impy. its a shame the hardcore fans of a brand have to go back to before they were born to pull out the cars that made the company cool to them to begin with.

As long as Henderson is in charge, there will be no hope.

I may sound crazy but----we should bombard the next fastlane chat or event or whatever with messages like this--FRITZ: publicly apologize to Lutz, if not the enthusiasts who obsessively follow the industry as it pertains to GM in specific...WILL BRING YOU DOWN. [by talking until we are blue and filling as much places with as much negative talk as possible, sites like these will no longer be the bastion for reason and encouragement they've been for you ASSWAD]

on a more serious note. that is not a good tone to strike towards Lutz, who brings so much fervor and good sense to the company, along with serious devotion and belief from enthusiasts crediting him with sharp turnaround in product we are witnessing now. attacking marketing is exactly the next step in bringing different parts of the company together [instead of a bunch of salaried dolts we had before] and working for the common goal of producing and marketing the best product. lutz is right on all these issues.

keeping zeta alive, and enthusiasts happy, and giving autorags and blogs more good product they like builds good word of mouth. the game changers to stimulate postiive image will still and always have been massively big mainstream successes....not zeta cars, not as their currently made [large cars]. enduring quality, enduring reliability, and enduring design is still the way to capture the hearts and minds of buyers everywhere...and then take that profit and begin to capitalize and move into different regions with that same mindset.

BUT. bringing Zeta here hurts no one. price it right. do not discount. bring the wagon and el camino. watch the sales pile on. build positive image. repair broken relationships. bring in new fans. repair relations with enthusiasts

Steps towards building faith in a GM lost to far too many. steps towards recuperating lost volume from Pontiac...

I know of at least one member that'd get on board...

in formation we can do much......average persons across the internet spreading ideas are much more powerful than ever before.

I may sound crazy but----we should bombard the next fastlane chat or event or whatever with messages like this--FRITZ: publicly apologize to Lutz, if not the enthusiasts who obsessively follow the industry as it pertains to GM in specific...WILL BRING YOU DOWN. [by talking until we are blue and filling as much places with as much negative talk as possible, sites like these will no longer be the bastion for reason and encouragement they've been for you ASSWAD]

I don't think you're crazy. I'm actually in support of organizing and being a part of such a raid on the Fastlane blogs to show Fritz the Ditz that his ignorance will not be taken lightly by the people who have stood loyal to the company for years, only to be continuously let down.

So let's do it. Who wants to rally against Fritz the Ditz when the chance makes itself known?

I don't think you're crazy. I'm actually in support of organizing and being a part of such a raid on the Fastlane blogs to show Fritz the Ditz that his ignorance will not be taken lightly by the people who have stood loyal to the company for years, only to be continuously let down.

So let's do it. Who wants to rally against Fritz the Ditz when the chance makes itself known?

I'm with you on this. Not a fan of rebadging? - Bu/Aura , Cobalt/G5, Aveo/G3 ... I know this is the NEW GM but their track record is cr@p and every thing that is in the pipeline was engineered by GMe. More rebadged europee-on. Elephants do remember Vega, Chevette, J cars, 2nd gen U vans, Le Mans... If Fritz the Ditz is of GMe think ditch him NOW before GM liquidates later.

Save Chevy support Zeta & ditch Fritz The Ditz :chevy:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor