Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Jalopnik: I-75 Tanker Explosion Collapses Nine Mile Rd Overpass In Metro Detroit [Car Crash]

12 posts in this topic

504x_tanker_explosion_jalopnik.jpgA tanker truck and several other semi trucks were involved in a large accident on northbound I-75 in Metro Detroit. The tanker impacted with such force that it exploded, collapsing the Nine Mile Rd overpass.

Details are sketchy at this point, but reports say that the tanker truck (not known at this time what exactly it was carrying) hit the top of the bridge causing the explosion. Several other semi trucks were traveling along side as well as a few passenger cars. At this time there are no reported deaths or injuries, but we're sure that there were some that didn't make it out of this horrific accident.

According to witnesses on the scene, the recently completed Nine Mile Rd overpass collapsed over the I-75 northbound lane directly after the explosion which occurred around 8:15 pm. [via WXYZ]

di
di

full?d=H0mrP-F8Qgo full?d=yIl2AUoC8zA full?i=ARoMA-tjmUQ:ipzc99Ek3AY:D7DqB2pKE full?i=ARoMA-tjmUQ:ipzc99Ek3AY:V_sGLiPBp
ARoMA-tjmUQ

View the full article

it took them forever to finish that bridge too!

Whats weird is i live like 9 miles from that area and i haven't heard about it yet.

Neither has the girl. This is terrible. Detroit just is passing through some Japanese witch's curse, which it cannot get rid of.

Moved to Industry News to get it out from behind the lounge wall.

It's a mess, that's for sure. Glad I don't have to go that way. (Had plans to)

"that is when my spark got hot"

I heard somebody say

burn baby burn

504x_tanker_explosion_jalopnik_01.jpgDetroit ABC affiliate WXYZ managed to grab exclusive video from a gas station on the corner of the I-75 service drive and Nine Mile Rd. Watch as the tanker explodes and cars continue through the flames.

From our earlier report:

The accident occured around 8:15 PM when the tanker reportedly got tangled up with a car and another semi truck. The tanker ended up across the freeway underneath the 9 Mile road over pass where it exploded, sending a massive column of black smoke skyward. The fire went on for hours and, eventually, the newly finished bridge overhead collapsed. Amazingly, nobody was seriously injured in the incident.

[WXYZ]

di
di

full?d=H0mrP-F8Qgo full?d=yIl2AUoC8zA full?i=49sv4unXe8c:0LMWhxEGRLc:D7DqB2pKE full?i=49sv4unXe8c:0LMWhxEGRLc:V_sGLiPBp
49sv4unXe8c

View the full article

Amazing that people kept crossing that bridge!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0