Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: BMW trademarks "Countryman" for Mini crossover name?

11 posts in this topic

Filed under: Frankfurt Auto Show, Hybrids/Alternative, Green, Crossovers/CUVs, BMW, MINI

mini_crossover_concept_580.jpg
MINI Crossover Concept - Click above for a high-res image gallery

Thanks to a few eagle-eyed BMW fans with a handy penchant for tracking trademark filings, we may know the name of the upcoming and oft-spied Mini crossover: the Countryman. If this is indeed the case, the badge would go hand-in-hand with BMW's current naming convention for its Mini line, which includes the extended-length Clubman in addition to the standard Cooper and convertible. We're expecting the new CUV to debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show in production form as a 2011 model.

Interestingly, BMW also trademarked the name ActiveE, which some are speculating will be the moniker applied to the automaker's upcoming electric vehicles as it matches up quite nicely with BMW's present ActiveHybrid series. Last year, the German automaker reserved the name eDrive, and it seems the two labels could somehow be paired together as part of the company's Project I initiative.

[source: German Car Zone via BMW Blog]

BMW trademarks "Countryman" for Mini crossover name? originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=f0QcReXtLcI:hpS6XjHId2s:wF9xT autoblog?i=f0QcReXtLcI:hpS6XjHId2s:V_sGL
f0QcReXtLcI

View the full article

Both 'Clubman' and 'Countryman' widely miss the mark- all I ever see driving Minis are women.

'Countrywoman' ??

Both 'Clubman' and 'Countryman' widely miss the mark- all I ever see driving Minis are women.

'Countrywoman' ??

You just made Walt grin.

Guaranteed.

Countryman, eh? Makes me think of a Gretch Country Gentleman.

Gretch!

Semi-hollow body 12 string electric in bird's eye maple - most beautiful and beautiful sounding electric guitar I ever heard.

A friend of mine had it. He pawned it and I nearly killed him!

Gretch!

Semi-hollow body 12 string electric in bird's eye maple - most beautiful and beautiful sounding electric guitar I ever heard.

A friend of mine had it. He pawned it and I nearly killed him!

My sister had an heavily worn one that she sold a while back. She has a Gibson Explorer, a couple Fenders (a Telecaster and a Stratocaster). She learned to play guitar w/ ex-husband #2, he was a guitarist in a Fleetwood Mac tribute band in the '80s that she sang in (they went to Van Halen's Michael Anthony's wedding). Over the years, she's become quite knowledgeable about rock-era guitars.

A few years ago, she and a boyfriend tried to start a guitar restoration business but never got it off the ground.

I don't even play, and yet I fell in love with that guitar.

I've never seen another.

I don't even play, and yet I fell in love with that guitar.

I've never seen another.

I don't play, should take the time to learn. I love guitars...love looking at the details, etc. My eyes glaze over when my sister goes off on talking about double humbuckers, pickups, etc..I have no idea what she's talking about.

But I do listen to and enjoy a lot of music w/ guitars... :)

The Strat is another that I will always love, and then there are the acoustics...

Fun little hijack, thanks Cubitar.

Edited by Camino LS6

My son has an SG and plays. I played acoustic as a kid, forgot it all. But I agree with U, Camino; the Gretsch has great sound (esp in the hands of those who know how to handle it). And what a great model name: ElectroMatic.

From a purely aesthetic perspective, I love the Gibson Explorer...my sister has one of these hanging in her home office.

180px-Gibson_explorer.jpg