Unimaginable cruelty

I just cannot believe you continue to feign such obtuseness on this. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth is an ancient rule of justice. We're not suggesting anything radical here. Mama Mia.

I'm not really feigning anything here. An eye for an eye is ancient because it isn't civilized. Eye for an eye ruled during the same times that people were stoned in public and crucified on crosses.

You're certainly not suggesting anything radical, but you are suggesting something that civilized people simply do not do.

I'm not really feigning anything here. An eye for an eye is ancient because it isn't civilized. Eye for an eye ruled during the same times that people were stoned in public and crucified on crosses.

You're certainly not suggesting anything radical, but you are suggesting something that civilized people simply do not do.

I kind of like the idea of bringing crucifixion back. What a perfect deterrent to crime. A slow agonizing death in a public plaza is just the thing. Jesus, we could even televise it! It would be the ultimate reality show ... If only I had a crucifixion emoticon ... :duck:

Edited by PCS

An eye for an eye is ancient because it isn't civilized. Eye for an eye ruled during the same times that people were stoned in public and crucified on crosses.

If you think you live in a civilized world, you're out of your mind. We live in a mostly content world. Wait until a disaster happens and the "civilized" little old lady next door cuts your throat to steal your {boat|car|food|gun|money}.

There was nothing wrong with eye for an eye. Hammurabi's caste system was out of line, but not the basic eye-for-an-eye.

So, since you are against stoning and crucifixion, I guess you think everybody is worth "rehabilitating"? Just get your future serial killers in a nice intervention program, right? Or we can build more jails, because having room for 2% of the population isn't enough. And don't get me started on the billions of dollars we waste on people on death row.

Stoning and crucifixion were cheap, provided entertainment and struck FEAR in the hearts of potential criminals. There is (outwardly) nothing to fear about our current justice system. Hence, why this kitten killer is unremorseful and spiteful towards the media... she beat the system and is free to kill again.

The only thing I fear about our justice system is the taxpayer's bill. Go crucifixion.

If you think you live in a civilized world, you're out of your mind. We live in a mostly content world. Wait until a disaster happens and the "civilized" little old lady next door cuts your throat to steal your {boat|car|food|gun|money}.

There was nothing wrong with eye for an eye. Hammurabi's caste system was out of line, but not the basic eye-for-an-eye.

So, since you are against stoning and crucifixion, I guess you think everybody is worth "rehabilitating"? Just get your future serial killers in a nice intervention program, right? Or we can build more jails, because having room for 2% of the population isn't enough. And don't get me started on the billions of dollars we waste on people on death row.

Stoning and crucifixion were cheap, provided entertainment and struck FEAR in the hearts of potential criminals. There is (outwardly) nothing to fear about our current justice system. Hence, why this kitten killer is unremorseful and spiteful towards the media... she beat the system and is free to kill again.

The only thing I fear about our justice system is the taxpayer's bill. Go crucifixion.

First off, where do you get off thinking that I have some kind of rose-colored glasses on about the nature of the world? Obviously, the mere presence of this headline involving this girl suggests that we are NOT in a civilized society.

The rest of your post isn't really worth responding to.

The civilised world can only be SAVED by cracking down on these criminals who are bent on causing untold mayhem to our families. They have NO fear of civilised people!

"Tough on crime" politics have proven, time and again, to waste money, fail at deterring crime, and lead to overcrowding of jails across the country with petty criminals. Have you not been paying attention for the last two decades?

Lies! Canada is not armed and we're so polite, we even say 'sorry' when you step on our toes. :P

That's mindless passivity, and it does not garner respect. One can be assertive, and respected, without the aid of a submachine gun.

Lies! Canada is not armed and we're so polite, we even say 'sorry' when you step on our toes. :P

Don't sell yourselves short. You do have a weapon. It's called the telephone, which can be used to call the US in the event someone threatens you. :D:lol:

That's mindless passivity, and it does not garner respect. One can be assertive, and respected, without the aid of a submachine gun.

saupload_calvinhobbscalmdown.jpg