Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: BMW S 1000 RR now available for pre-order at $13,800

9 posts in this topic

Filed under: BMW, Motorcycles

bmw_s_1000_rr_21_opt.jpg
BMW S 1000 RR - Click above for high-res image gallery

"We intend to take the four Japanese head-on. We did not intend to build a motorcycle like Ducati does or KTM does. We wanted to build a mainstream motorcycle." There were a number who doubted Pieter de Waal, Vice President of BMW Motorrad USA, when he uttered that sentiment back in April regarding the company's new S 1000 RR, but it seems the Bavarian motorcycle manufacturer has come through on its promise of attractive pricing for its latest superbike.

With a base price of $13,800, the new S 1000 RR is within spitting distance of the Yamaha R1, Suzuki GSX-R1000, Kawasaki ZX-10R and Honda CBR1000RR, which is the most expensive of the Japanese literbikes at $12,999 (plus $1,000 for ABS). As a refresher, the new Beemer - which puts out 193 horsepower at 13,000 RPM, 82.5 lb-ft of torque at 9,750 RPM and weighs 455.3 pounds with a full tank of gas - boasts the best power-to-weight ratio of any bike in its class.

Naturally, there are desirable options that can quickly move the bike away from the bargain category, including a package that adds ABS brakes and traction control for $1,480. Click past the break for the complete rundown.

[source: BMW]

Continue reading BMW S 1000 RR now available for pre-order at $13,800

BMW S 1000 RR now available for pre-order at $13,800 originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:27:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=mxmStF4qUZ8:0jCNj0x_-Dg:wF9xT autoblog?i=mxmStF4qUZ8:0jCNj0x_-Dg:V_sGL
mxmStF4qUZ8

View the full article

not feeling it so much, espeically the headlights.

Funny how things come around. BMW, once copied by numerous others, makes Japanese looking bikes now. :lol:

My Dad is the ultimate BMW bike fan, with two himself, and he thinks this looks absolutely horrible. Of course, he thinks pretty much anything that doesn't have a horizontally-opposed twin engine looks horrible, or if it begins with H and ends with 'avidson' :P

cletus, I'll see your V-Max, and raise you this.

ham%20s%202.jpg

:heart::lovey::wub:

As with the cars, BMW motorcycles are nothing to drop the jaws for. It is how they drive. However, one thing is different is that unlike BMWs cars those motorcycles are at least worth how much they cost.

My Dad is the ultimate BMW bike fan, with two himself, and he thinks this looks absolutely horrible. Of course, he thinks pretty much anything that doesn't have a horizontally-opposed twin engine looks horrible, or if it begins with H and ends with 'avidson' :P

cletus, I'll see your V-Max, and raise you this.

ham%20s%202.jpg

:heart::lovey::wub:

curses thats good. id post a v-rod but HD is becoming the John Deere of motorcycles as of late with everyone and their grandma picking one up.

Victory fit/finish is stunning for a mass production machine, IMO.