Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

A website for cars used in films and television

9 posts in this topic

I do not know if you know about this website or not, but this website is a data base for all cars used in television and film. It is like Internet Movie Database, but for cars.

I looked up Pontiac Bonneville and Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency. It had clips and images from the films. Here is the link:

http://www.imcdb.org

Cool.

Been on it- pretty neat. Car love knos no boundaries, apparently.

I was looking on there for a TV(?) movie from the mid-'80s featuring a circa '50-52 Cadillac sedan, but I couldn't find it. Weird movie, still sticks in my head after all these years.

I saw James Bond's Aston Martin DB5, from the film "Goldfinger" at the World's Fair in '64 when I was 8 years old.

No other car has come close in making an impression on me than that one.

Sure many are memorable. Steve McQueen's green Mustang...

I'm under the weather nursing a stomach virus which came on with such a virulent swiftness overnight.

It has caused me to ponder my mortality. Also just learned that Walter Cronkite has died at the age of 92. Growing up in the time when I did, it is not to stretch the truth in saying that he was as a member of the family. The Moon Landing in '69, the announcement of President Kennedy's Assassination and Walter's coverage of the Viet Nam War ran as a theme throughout the 1960s. The were far fewer choices in media in those days. Nothing like we have now.

So long Walter Cronkite.

Cronkite is one of those figures that retired so very long ago from public view, yet lived decades after.

His grey hair & demeanor must've had something to do with my perception that he was much older then.

Today, anchors are all about how she looks, and nothing about actual news.

Edited by balthazar

Cronkite is one of those figures that retired so very long ago from public view, yet lived decades after.

His grey hair & demeanor must've had something to do with my perception that he was much older then.

Today, anchors are all about how she looks, and nothing about actual news.

that made me think of the song dirty laundry by don henley

Balthy, are you thinking of the theatrical release Driving Miss Daisy?

*grins*

Some time ago, my bro-in-law sent me a link to that site, with, of course, a link to the "Monte Carlo" findings. :)

Since then, I've searched for El Caminos, Cutlass Supremes, etc. ... and had a blast going through them all.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Some things just glitter and shine" ... Confederate Railroad ... 'Daddy Never Was The Cadillac Kind'

Most prominent Saturn role in a movie: Astra Transformers 2

Now for the sad part... 2nd most prominent role: Ion sedan being thrown into the diner in one of the spiderman movies.

Apparently Saturns are best used for either background prop cars, or projectiles. :P

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0