Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Few More pics

Junkyard158.jpg

This car is actually a 1965 GTO. It once was in pretty good shape. About 15 years ago when I started going out to this yard it would have been a good project, as it was mostly there. If anyone has ever seen LS6Camino's wagon in real life...it has a good body. Believe it or not, the body on this goat was once that good. Notice that the passenger quarter has been cut off at one point to restore another car.

If only I hadn't been so involved with my own 66 FASTBACK mustang project at the time, I might have saved this one. As it is...

Chris

Junkyardpics235.jpg

70 Chevelle. At one time there were about two dozen "real" SS Chevelles in this yard.

Many have been crushed, but a gold 65 (or the remains of a gold 65) SS Chevelle are near this one...

Chris

Yet another Shiny car...real nice 63 Split, guy wanted 35 K, factory 4 speed car and factory red...

Junkyardpics397.jpg

I wanted to stay married, but I was tempted to raid my 401K.

Chris

I always loved the fastback styling of the GM cars in the late 40's and early 50's. I almost never see them anymore, but they remain amoung my fav. cars.

Junkyardpics191.jpg

...another neat old truck. If I don't do anything else before I die, I'm going to own a vintage pick-em-up...

Junkyardpics198.jpg

Prefer one in a little better shape, though...

Mmmm...Ohio rust. That white squarebird reminds me of the '59 my brother had about 35 years ago. Those Caddys remind me of the ones down the street from me as a kid in Steubenville, Ohio...a neighbor had a '52 or so and a '54, both Coupe de Villes..one black, one yellow, never moved over 5 years or so that I remember.

Time for a shiny car...the 59 Sedan Delivery I was telling XP715, Sixty Eight, Camino and Balthazar about...more pics later...Junkyardpics385.jpg

I'm in love!

Even if it is white.

Also quite the nice Healey 3000.

You see the guy with the Lotus7 often? I'd love to know where to get the stainless gaurds fro the front of the rear fenders. I suggested using exactly that treatment on the one I've been working on.

Very cool pics, thanks for posting them.

The yards around here have mostly all disappeared.

What - no love for GMTruckGuy74??? You go out of your way to find a '55 Ford pickup, but no GMCs??? J/K man, thanks for taking the pictures and posting them here. I've only been to about 4 or 5 junkyards since 1991, and like camino said about those around him in PA, they're all but disappearing here in NJ too. I have to find the pictures I took back in 2002 from a PA junkyard (in Morrisville, Bucks County, PA) and get them scanned in. Keep them coming!!

Junkyardpics232.jpg

70 Impala for CLETUS. I have another pic for Cletus later...

Another 70 Fullsize for Cletus...Junkyardpics154-1.jpg

o teh no's i gots to save them! hehe the first is indeed a 70, but the second is heartbreaking. my sig picture weeps to see another 69 languish as such. there is very subtle differences in the 69 and 70. they changed the tail lights and the front bumper and grill. there was a guy that went to the local tech school with me he had a 70 350 impy custom coupe. we used to go round and round bout which was better. custom coupe or sport coupe. parked beside each other a lot cause we knew we were careful with big ole honkin car doors hehehe. the 70's have the vertical tail lights while the 69 is horizontal. i am digging the enviro-friendly top on the 69 though heheh.

o teh no's i gots to save them! hehe the first is indeed a 70, but the second is heartbreaking. my sig picture weeps to see another 69 languish as such. there is very subtle differences in the 69 and 70. they changed the tail lights and the front bumper and grill. there was a guy that went to the local tech school with me he had a 70 350 impy custom coupe. we used to go round and round bout which was better. custom coupe or sport coupe. parked beside each other a lot cause we knew we were careful with big ole honkin car doors hehehe. the 70's have the vertical tail lights while the 69 is horizontal. i am digging the enviro-friendly top on the 69 though heheh.

I'm thinking the 1st one is a '68...vent windows and the rounded w/ flat top taillights (barely visible).