how to help buick

I would like to first say that it is not GM's fault that Buicks' sales are down. How do yoou exepect to sell 2 cars and a suv. In the meantime Chevy has 8 cars. Not only that but Buick has niche vehicle yet chevy has the camaro and the corvette. This reminds of Cinderella chevy goes out to the ball and has fun while buick is left to whiter away. Buick can be a great car company again if the stupid bean counters would stop this insane give everything to chevy and then rebadge buick. Buick need its distinct styling not just a new grill and trail lights and some changes to the interior.

My last comment on this is for the people who are running GM should be removed and replaced with people who know how to run a car company

now smoke that and choke

In order to get a complete understanding of your plans, can you answer these questions?

1. Who will be Buick's customers and non customers?
  2. What halo car/s do you want to resuscitate, what will it/they be and how much will it/they cost?
  3. What cars will Buick have in its portfolio?
  4. What will be Buick's motto?
  5. Why should Camaro and Corvette go when they bring profits to the company? It is not like those models were formed overnight as Saturns did.
  6. Do you see RWD in a Buick, if yes what shapes and sizes?
  7. How will you convince Pontiac, Chevy customers into Buick stores?
  8. What role will Caddy play given your Buick plans?
  9. Who will be Buick's competitors?

now smoke that and choke

Who is that directed to?

Okay, let me show you just how badly the drugs have f@#ked you up little man.

2010_buick_lacrosse_5.jpg

See that? It's the 2010 Buick LaCrosse, based on the Epsilon II platform.

Okay, now, the 2009 Malibu is not on the same platform. You following me so far? It's on the previous Epsilon I platform. The 2010 LaCrosse is related to the following car.

3012771377-car-year-2009-vauxhall-insign

Okay that right there, that's the 2009 Opel/Vauxhall Insignia, also based on the Epsilon II platform. Neither car shares a single piece of sheetmetal. Actually, they aren't even on the same wheelbase. That car, by the way, will be Buick's second new model after the LaCrosse. It'll be the new Regal.

Alrighty then, provided I haven't sent you on a bad trip, let's study the interiors for a sec.

opel-insignia-interior.jpg

That's the interior of the 2010 Insignia/Regal. Now, I'm going to put up a picture of the 2010 LaCrosse's interior.

112_0901_01z%202010_buick_lacrosse%20int

Very little to nothing is shared between the two. Do you see now?

I don't know what the hell kind of drugs you're doing, but it isn't pot and I don't even think its coke.

And of course Chevrolet is going to have the most complete portfolio out of GM's four brands. That's GM's mainstream division, where all of the sales and money comes in from. Buick does not have Chevrolet's role. Buick is a "niche premium" division targeting Acura. Does Acura have 20 models? No. That's not what Acura is about. From now on, equal Buick to Acura, Chevrolet to Toyota, GMC to the premium truck division of Buick, and Cadillac to Mercedes-Benz.

Get it now? Or do I have to call the cops so you'll put down the lighter and the crack pipe and wake the hell up?

You're last comment is the only thing you had right in the whole damn post. Please, don't be another smk and check your facts before you start spouting off crap like that.

Edited by YellowJacket894

I would like to first say that it is not GM's fault that Buicks' sales are down. How do yoou exepect to sell 2 cars and a suv. In the meantime Chevy has 8 cars. Not only that but Buick has niche vehicle yet chevy has the camaro and the corvette. This reminds of Cinderella chevy goes out to the ball and has fun while buick is left to whiter away. Buick can be a great car company again if the stupid bean counters would stop this insane give everything to chevy and then rebadge buick. Buick need its distinct styling not just a new grill and trail lights and some changes to the interior.

My last comment on this is for the people who are running GM should be removed and replaced with people who know how to run a car company

now smoke that and choke

pontiac just called, they said to tell you

109870615_e863879643_o.jpg

they were kicking out GTO's G8's and the solstice and they got the axe to buick chinese democracy if you will.

as the old tag line goes, this isnt your fathers buick.

tell me, how is it not my fathers buick? whats different? buick isnt going to the ball because it will break a hip doing the charleston. i like buicks, dont get me wrong, but i havent seen one i wanted since they stopped making t-types.

I actually prefer smk. At least he's right about some things, and doesn't result to childish name calling.

Yeah, there's no way this dude has been driving Buicks since the '80s like he claims. He doesn't seem no where near as mature as he claims.

He's probably 17 and his parents probably passed down a very used Century to him.

Edited by YellowJacket894

I actually prefer smk. At least he's right about some things, and doesn't result to childish name calling.

True, but now we have a better target with which to play Whack-a-Troll. smk just started making too much sense recently (for him), so we had to trade him out.

First off I am 42 years old born in 1966. All you guys care about is destroying Buick and leaving GM to Caddy, Chevy and GMC. You seem to forget that Buick has been at the very top of JD powers for several years.

Just because Buick seems to attract the older crowd means nothing. I blame the leaders at GM for the destruction of Buick. They have had no foresight at what a Buick stands for.

Buick should be a mid luxury brand. They have showed great success with the Enclave and the new Lacrosse will be a big hit also. They should then bring over the Park Avenue from China, add a convertible and coupe. They also need to have a niche vehicle like the Vellite. And as far as the G8 this should become a Buick.

You can call me what ever you want but I have a right to express my opinions.

First off I am 42 years old born in 1966. All you guys care about is destroying Buick and leaving GM to Caddy, Chevy and GMC.

might i direct your attention to this travesty. can you honestly say there was no negativity at all in that 24 pages of mockery?

First off I am 42 years old born in 1966. All you guys care about is destroying Buick and leaving GM to Caddy, Chevy and GMC. You seem to forget that Buick has been at the very top of JD powers for several years.

Just because Buick seems to attract the older crowd means nothing. I blame the leaders at GM for the destruction of Buick. They have had no foresight at what a Buick stands for.

Buick should be a mid luxury brand. They have showed great success with the Enclave and the new Lacrosse will be a big hit also. They should then bring over the Park Avenue from China, add a convertible and coupe. They also need to have a niche vehicle like the Vellite. And as far as the G8 this should become a Buick.

That was a much better post than your earlier ones.

As for positions about Buick, you must know that there are differences of opinion, but there are plenty of us (myself included) who see the value of Buick.

Buick can and should be the premium brand that bridges the cap between Chevrolet and Cadillac. The problem is that GM in its infinite lack of wisdom seems to want Cadillac to compete with the same customers Buick is going after. This proposed EPII Cadillac would be competing with the LaCrosse, and the the rumored Lambda Escalade would compete with the Enclave. Even with three brands, GM still is on the path towards overlap.

so anyway, its not so much that we are against buick its just that, well, the stupid chinese have all the good ones.

+1.

Make Buick a car people want to buy.

They need a sports car, (Bengal, which will now never happen) A fullsize RWD, intermediate FWD, A convertible, etc.

However, all of this takes money, nothing happens without money, and time. GM doesn't have the billions it needs to retool Buick, and it doesn't have the 5 years bringing the new cars to market will bring.

Chris

With you on that call.

Travesty, mockery, and disrespect.

Pontiac (GM, however you would like to blame) brought it on themselves by unleashing those piles of $h! year after year. That's what happens when you try to slap "excitement" onto cars that are anything but for decades.

Besides, disrespect would be making fun of the original GTO, the G8, and so on. Cars like the Sunfire weren't deserving of respect to begin with.

Actually, DF I have to agree with you. Back in the day when the Sunfire was built I had a FWD Mopar, an Omni 2 door (looked like the Shelby charger, but was a two door Omni).

Mopar was building some cool little FWD stuff back in the day...right up until the idiots from Daimler took over.

Chris