If you worked for GM...

Any job which is not of being a yes-man or not being a GM lifetimer or one position that seriously wants to change the structure/operation/product portfolio of GM is a nightmare job.

Performance of the job will totally depend on the level of responsibility and power I will have.

Let's assume that you are a mover and a shaker and have been assigned to a task you didn't want, but one that is important.

Blast the fiefdoms and remove subordinates from their comfort zone by forcing them to be responsible and accountable. Half the battle is won there. I know I sound crude there, but sometimes sterner actions are needed.

Blast the fiefdoms and remove subordinates from their comfort zone by forcing them to be responsible and accountable. Half the battle is won there. I know I sound crude there, but sometimes sterner actions are needed.

But that would be a fun job! :lol:

Okay, I guess I need to lay the scenario out a bit better.

Let's say that you are an assistant to Lutz and he decides to shake things up. He calls you in and gives you a mission that makes you groan inside for some reason.

What would that mission be?

Okay, I guess I need to lay the scenario out a bit better.

Let's say that you are an assistant to Lutz and he decides to shake things up. He calls you in and gives you a mission that makes you groan inside for some reason.

Probably ordering FH birthday cake?

You all can scream at me but my nightmare is...

Make Buick relevant and exciting. I like Buick and they have built some great cars over the years, but making Buick relevant, given GM's corporate culture, now that's a nightmare.

Chris

You all can scream at me but my nightmare is...

Make Buick relevant and exciting. I like Buick and they have built some great cars over the years, but making Buick relevant, given GM's corporate culture, now that's a nightmare.

Chris

Yup!

That's the one I was thinking of. Imabine knowing that you and three co-workers are up for running the re-make of the "core" brands, and you draw the short straw - Buick!

Pure hell.

• 2 weeks later...

*chuckles*

Lutz: "Mr. Stevens, you've proven yourself well over the years, so I am putting you in charge of bringing back a storied nameplate for Chevy. But, it will once again be FWD and a relative of the Lumina."

Me: "Holy crap..........................NO!!!!!!!!!!"

:)

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'm on a wheel of fortune with a twist of fate" ... Bee Gees ... 'Alone'