Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Jalopnik: 1990 Buick Reatta [Down On The Street]

5 posts in this topic

With a 1990 Chrysler TC By Maserati yesterday, the only possible DOTS choice for today must be The General's TC killer: Reatta!

Some might say that the Cadillac Allanté was the TC's true competition, since both cars involved a lot of very expensive shipping between Detroit and Italy. I couldn't find an Allanté on the island- though I'm sure there must be a couple here- and in any case the Reatta's sticker price of $26,700 was much closer to the TC's $35,500 cost than to the Allanté's $57,183 price tag.

The Reatta was based on the same platform as the Allanté, and it came with the same super-futuristic touch-screen computer interface as the Riviera. Sadly, Buick's core buyers tended to be- how shall I put this?- mature individuals who were still getting used to the idea of newfangledly stuff like transmissions that shift for you and weren't quite ready to add the Buick Electronic Control Center to their worldview.

So, the Reatta fared poorly in the marketplace. That was pretty sad, because by all accounts the Reatta featured orders-of-magnitude-better-than-most-GM-products build quality and pretty decent performance for its day (though not quite what it would have been, had GM had a transaxle capable of handling turbocharged power at the time). This super-rare '90 convertible is one of the few of its kind left on the street, it looks to be in pretty good shape, and it's for sale! The seller wants $5,575 for it. What do you think?

504x_90Reatta-Frt_LH_01.jpg

504x_90Reatta-Frt_RH_01.jpg

504x_90Reatta-Emblem_01.jpg

504x_90Reatta-RH_Frt_01.jpg

504x_90Reatta-LH_01.jpg

504x_90Reatta-LH_Rr_01.jpg

504x_90Reatta-ForSaleSign_01.jpg

504x_90Reatta-Front_01.jpg

504x_90Reatta-Frt_LH_High_01.jpg

504x_90Reatta-Rear_01.jpg

504x_90Reatta-RH_01.jpg

504x_90Reatta-Rr_LH_01.jpg

504x_90Reatta-EmblemHood_01.jpg

504x_90Reatta-Rr_RH_01.jpg

di
di

full?d=H0mrP-F8Qgo full?d=yIl2AUoC8zA full?i=PUtrvyIxJHk:rPvilPfT90A:D7DqB2pKE full?i=PUtrvyIxJHk:rPvilPfT90A:V_sGLiPBp
PUtrvyIxJHk

View the full article

Wow, I thought the Reatta was only made as a coupe. That's a really fine car, I bet it looks fantastic with the top down.

These cars are just beautiful and I'd love to own one, coupe or convertible. Here's a picture of a red one with the top down:

1990.buick.reatta.1296-E.jpg

If it had a more sophisticated suspension, I would seriously consider one for a project car. Very cool cars.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0