Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: VIDEO: MO dealer offers free AK-47 with truck purchase. How about a rack?

25 posts in this topic

Filed under: Trucks/Pickups, Videos

max-motors-ak47.jpg

Last year, Max Motors in Butler, MO gave away free handguns with the purchase of a new vehicle. The promotion was such a success that the dealership is at it again, but this time with a more Russian flair. Buy a new truck at Max Motors, and you'll receive a voucher for a free AK-47.

Max Motors owner Mark Muller has generated all kinds of media coverage for his bombastic deal, even appearing on CNN to defend the promotion. Muller explains the dealer isn't simply passing out AKs to anyone who purchases a truck. Instead, truck buyers receive a voucher that can be redeemed at any reputable gun shop, where proper background checks must legally be run, etc.

God, guns, guts and American pickup trucks is Max Motors' motto, and Muller says the firepower is needed in MO due to a persistent Meth problem that has contributed to a high crime rate. For more, follow the jump to view Muller's recent CNN interview.

[source: USA Today]

Continue reading VIDEO: MO dealer offers free AK-47 with truck purchase. How about a rack?

VIDEO: MO dealer offers free AK-47 with truck purchase. How about a rack? originally appeared on Autoblog on Sun, 19 Jul 2009 11:35:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=3Zzj9GSf2q8:A2u6tcbcP5E:wF9xT autoblog?i=3Zzj9GSf2q8:A2u6tcbcP5E:V_sGL
3Zzj9GSf2q8

View the full article

Not a surprise, Butler is is redneck territory.

Dumbasses.

Scary red state stuff, sounds like.

Man, you guys are a bunch of pansies.

'redneck stuff' and 'red state stuff'

:rolleyes:

That's a helluva deal for those of us who are LEGAL gun owners.

I'm sure all of the bleeding hearts and cosmopolitan yuppies in the media had a $h! fit over it though. All the more reason to offer the deal.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

We've got 4 guns in the house, none of them AKs because, frankly, thats way more than anyone really needs for home protection.

Man, you guys are a bunch of pansies.

'redneck stuff' and 'red state stuff'

:rolleyes:

That's a helluva deal for those of us who are LEGAL gun owners.

I'm sure all of the bleeding hearts and cosmopolitan yuppies in the media had a $h! fit over it though. All the more reason to offer the deal.

We've got 4 guns in the house, none of them AKs because, frankly, thats way more than anyone really needs for home protection.

Well, it's labeled 'redneck stuff' and 'red state stuff' because these are where this 'stuff' is most likely to occur. It's a deal marketed in a region where successful sales are likely to result. A promotion for a free Armani suit with the sale of a pickup truck in the same region would probably go over pretty poorly, don'tcha thing? I could care less myself; however, being practical-minded, I don't understand the appeal because of there being hardly any need for an assault rifle. Pointless but for 'yee haw' fun. To each their own.

I wouldn't want a gun in my house unless something happened pretty serious. I don't see the harm in knowing one's market, however.

I'd be tempted if I could get a free Armani with purchase of a Ranger. Wouldn't do it, but I'd think about it.

You do know that as a hunting rifle an AK is only enough to take down a deer right? Its not really a high powered rifle. Additionally, by definition of an Assault Rifle, it needs to be capable of fully automatic fire. There are VERY few surviving full automatic AK variants left in the united states. So you can be nearly guaranteed that any legal AK is only semi-automatic... and thus is not an assault rifle.

People are only scared of it cause its Russian, its in every game known to man and it has a pistol grip.

Here's a non-scary version of an AK. Notice the fact that it now has all the same features as a hunting rifle in a middling power round. Additionally you can notice by the fire selector switch that this gun is NOT capable of full automatic fire... in fact this rifle does not even meet California's more inclusive definition of an "assault rifle"

104692.jpg

Edited by Teh Ricer Civic!

Still overkill for what they claim its for.

Muller says the firepower is needed in MO due to a persistent Meth problem that has contributed to a high crime rate

Unless you're a pharmacist, you dont really need to worry about crimes related directly to meth. And if you're worried about meth heads breaking into your house to steal your $h! to get more meth, an AK is overkill, I'd much rather have a sidearm in that situation.

Unless you're a pharmacist, you dont really need to worry about crimes related directly to meth. And if you're worried about meth heads breaking into your house to steal your $h! to get more meth, an AK is overkill, I'd much rather have a sidearm in that situation.

A flamethrower or captive bolt pistol (cattle gun, ala Anton Chigurh) would be affective against meth heads also, I think. Meth heads are like zombies, right?

Rob

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I've been meaning to pick up a cattle prod.

I've been meaning to pick up a cattle prod.

You needa get a branding iron with a big "S" Or maybe a big one with the saturn logo.

I was once at a used video game store talking to the two clerks. One of them mentioned the stun gun they keep behind the counter, the other admitted that he had zapped himself with it while it was on standby and it hurt like hell. Thats reason enough for me to not want an electrical weapon in the house, I have too many stupid friends.

I was once at a used video game store talking to the two clerks. One of them mentioned the stun gun they keep behind the counter, the other admitted that he had zapped himself with it while it was on standby and it hurt like hell. Thats reason enough for me to not want an electrical weapon in the house, I have too many stupid friends.

two words:

biometric safe

then again, why would you want a taser? get something cool like a dog poo land mine.

Or for people who, you know, what to keep important things safe. :P

This is less about the type of gun and more about how it just perpetuates the notion that people in the United States are absolutely gun-crazy. It may not be entirely true, but this giveaway sure isn't helping.

This is less about the type of gun and more about how it just perpetuates the notion that people in the United States are absolutely gun-crazy. It may not be entirely true, but this giveaway sure isn't helping.

I don't see what the problem is with having fun with guns. I went shooting this morning. I did not kill or injure a single thing (except shaped clay), nor was i attempting to kill or injure anything (except the aforementioned clay). It was simply an enjoyable experience... except that now my shoulder is sore from poor form.

not really. in a shooting mag the author of an article ( a retired cop ) said that instead of the normal pump shotgun or large caliber pistol, he has a lever action marlin 45/70 government with a cut down stock and a tactical flashlight for his home protection.

File:45-70_Government.JPG

300 (Strong) JHP velocity 2,275 ft/s (693 m/s) energy 3,449 ft·lbf (4,676 J)

in contrast the ak

154 gr (10.0 g) velocity 2,104 ft/s (641.3 m/s) energy 1,519 ft·lbf (2,059 J)

i am die hard .45acp because it is a man stopping round but i will always rather have too much than not enough.

as for the meth heads... you really have to see them in action. they come into the hospital. when you see a guy thats about 180lbs take a tazer and get back up and take 2 cops and around 4 security guards to take him down for good, it would change how you see em. they might not break into your house for any reason but to do it. but, pharmacists are by no means the only ones to concern themselves with those people.

Or for people who, you know, what to keep important things safe. :P

dont forget the part about stuff not burning up in fires...

I don't see what the problem is with having fun with guns. I went shooting this morning. I did not kill or injure a single thing (except shaped clay), nor was i attempting to kill or injure anything (except the aforementioned clay). It was simply an enjoyable experience... except that now my shoulder is sore from poor form.

i got my daisy when i was 6. i got a bolt action stevens .410 at 9. my pump .22 came at age 11, and my .243 remington model 7 came at age 12. i also have a .300 win mag savage 111, a glock 21, auto ordnance GI .45, and recently picked up a taurus pt24/7 compact pro for carry. now, had the B/P/GMC dealership thrown in a springfield M1A or XD 45 i might have settled up and got that G8 last weekend :lol:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0