Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Jalopnik: New Kate Walsh Ad Overfeminizes Cadillac CTS Sportwagon [Ad Watch]

15 posts in this topic

Not a bad ad in the context of Cadillac's current marketing theme, that said they need something as attention grabbing as the Rock & Roll commercials of a few years ago.

want to say about a million things but they'd get removed. yowsa. let me just say the car and walsh um, yeah. um, yeah.

"Wonder who they're targeting" with this dress talk...

Ummm..., women ???

I find the ad makes sense WRT this is not the CTS sedan you know, but a frickin' wagon.... from Cadillac.

I have no problem with it.

I like it, it's not as strong as her "when you turn your car on, does it return the favor?" ad, and it's definitely aimed more at women, but it's still pretty good.

Better than Buick's.

I thought the ad was great, and shows off the car and its features very well. I think it gets the attention of both sexes easily and holds it. Certainly held mine. :P

It shows that the car has a pop-up nav screen, and that's about it. They are focusing on looks for a wagon, and wagons are lame, ugly and undesirable. No mention of performance, ride, handling, engineering, reliability, quality, etc. Cadillac's ads over the past year or 2 have been weak. They were much better in 2004-2007.

It shows that the car has a pop-up nav screen, and that's about it. They are focusing on looks for a wagon, and wagons are lame, ugly and undesirable. No mention of performance, ride, handling, engineering, reliability, quality, etc. Cadillac's ads over the past year or 2 have been weak. They were much better in 2004-2007.

You need your eyes checked if you think the CTS wagon is ugly.

As for the rest of the unmentioned features, well this is no doubt one of multiple ads for the car.

I like the concept of the CTS wagon, but not its execution. That being said, I don't see anything particular wrong with the ad.

Maximum Bob, you remember him, he's the new HEAD of GM Marketing ... He will have a problem with it, watch and see ... :P

"Wonder who they're targeting" with this dress talk... Ummm..., women ??? I find the ad makes sense WRT this is not the CTS sedan you know, but a frickin' wagon.... from Cadillac. I have no problem with it.

+1

Chris

Wagons are awesome!

A lot of wagons on the road on the autobahn in Germany.

I would LOVE a vintage wagon. Modern wagons are way cool also...

A cadillac wagon would be the Cat's ass. As a kid I always wished that Cadillac made a wagon, now they do.

Chris

Wagons sure beat the hell out of ugly little CUVs, minivans, and overblown SUVs.

One of the most versatile and useful bodystyles ever offered - and cool to boot!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0