Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Lexus prices the new 2010 Lexus HS250h at $34,200*

2 posts in this topic

Filed under: Hybrids/Alternative, Lexus

hs250hfd_01_opt.jpg
2010 Lexus HS 250h - Click above for high-res image gallery

Want to get your hands on the world's first dedicated hybrid luxury vehicle? Get ready to pony up at least thirty-four grand for the new Lexus HS250h. The Toyota luxury division has finally released pricing for its latest entry-level model, with the standard model starting at $34,200* and the Premium model commanding $36,970*.

At those rates, the Lexus hybrid is positioned above more economically-priced hybrids like Toyota's own Prius and its biggest competitor, the Honda Insight. Howeve,r it comes in a good twenty-grand less than Lexus' more upscale GS 450h, while fitting into the company's growing range of entry-level sedans, the base IS250 starting at $31,305 and the ES350 carrying a starting MSRP of $34,470.

Of course Lexus has a wide array of options available to increase the HS250h's base MSRP, including sat-nav, its Wide-View Front Monitor system and Mark Levinson stereo, as well the Touring and Technology packages, all of which will drive up the price faster than a hybrid's acceleration figures. Details in the press release after the jump.

* Pricing does not include the $875 destination and delivery charge

Continue reading Lexus prices the new 2010 Lexus HS250h at $34,200*

Lexus prices the new 2010 Lexus HS250h at $34,200* originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 20 Jul 2009 13:27:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=nMGh40RyfMg:_0CNSmBIEkg:wF9xT autoblog?i=nMGh40RyfMg:_0CNSmBIEkg:V_sGL
nMGh40RyfMg

View the full article

The price is actually not that bad. I went to a preview at the local Lexus dealer last week, and the saleguy said they would go for about $45K, which seemed a bit high. The car does not come across as a Corolla in person. The detailing is all Lexus, and the price is only a few thousand more than a loaded Prius. I don't think the car will be a big seller, though.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room