Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Motor Authority: GM receives three final bids for Opel

6 posts in this topic

2009_opel_insignia_main630_1-0512-350x20

General Motors CEO Fritz Henderson has previously confirmed that a new buyer for Opel would be picked by the end of this month, but until now we didn’t have much detail on how many companies were actually competing for the European brand. It has now emerged that three bidders remain in the race for Opel.Those three bidders include auto parts supplier Magna International, private equity group Ripplewood Holdings and Chinese automaker Beijing Automobile Co. (BAIC), all of which have now submitted their respective final bids for Opel.

Read more

View the full article

damn, i guess i am no longer high bidder on eBay for Opel. Crap, I must not have been signed in.

Magna is probably the best situation for the car fan but i thought i had heard that ripplewood was the top front runner.

too bad penske can't buy them.

Edited by regfootball

GM prefers Ripplewood Holdings now ...

And that would be because GMNA would like to regain control? The German Government doesn't like that plan.

i am sure GM ultimately wants opel back in the fold and honestly Germany has too many automakers.

GM does want Opel back. In any case, this partial separation is temporary, provided GM returns to profitability.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0