NewsFeeder

Jalopnik: What Does Your Significant Other Drive? [Question Of The Day]

16 posts in this topic

504x_Vicki-Vlachakis-Solstice.jpgHaving a significant other is great because it usually means getting another, typically working, car in the family. What does your significant other drive?

Since we're currently rocking a project car with lingering brake issues, we suddenly appreciate the Honda Civic sedan sitting in our wife's parking spot. Exciting? No. Reliable and comfortable? Yes. Since Wojdyla is in the midst of working on his Lincoln, perpetually repairing his Audi, and constantly contemplating a move to an older truck or Jag, he's also been blessed with a girlfriend in posession of yet another boring-yet-trustworthy Honda Civic. It may be the ultimate choice for those shacked up with people constantly buying older cars.

For those of you without SO's, or with carless partners, feel free to make up an ideal vehicle for your ideal/actual mate.

(QOTD is your chance to answer the day's most pressing automotive questions and experience the opinions of the insightful insiders, practicing pundits and gleeful gearheads that make up the Jalopnik commentariat. If you've got a suggestion for a good "Question Of The Day" send an email to tips at jalopnik dot com.)

di
di

full?d=H0mrP-F8Qgo full?d=yIl2AUoC8zA full?i=EXLxCbjHOuQ:MAUXb8Nu6G8:D7DqB2pKE full?i=EXLxCbjHOuQ:MAUXb8Nu6G8:V_sGLiPBp
EXLxCbjHOuQ

View the full article

I live in the transit-friendly and car-unfriendly City of Toronto.

I am one of the wierdos who has a license and car. My fiancee has neither.

Honestly, everyone should at least know how to drive.

For those of you without SO's, or with carless partners, feel free to make up an ideal vehicle for your ideal/actual mate.

Aw $h! ...

I don't have a significant other, and probably won't for a while if ever, so I guess I'll just go with the wish list approach. I'm not sure what I'd like my SO to drive. On one hand, I'd want her to be "into" cars and want to drive something both she and I can spend time drooling and obsessing over (Corvette, Camaro, G8, GTO, CTS, Solstice, et al). On the other hand, I'd want her to want to drive the family kid-hauler, so that I can stick to buying vehicles I like.

08 silverado reg cab long bed 4.3 2wd

2003 vibe

and If I've had too much a 03 vette

a 96 corolla :duh: but in all fairness, i guess you dont look a gift car in the grille?

she wants

x09ct_te034_opt.jpg

:booyah:

a Honda Accord, but wants an Infiniti M35

A '99 Maxima that we'll most likely replace with a Fusion when the time comes. We sat in one a few weeks ago and she was really impressed by it, inside and out.

Fusion is very impressive...

Chris

Honestly, everyone should at least know how to drive.

She does know how to drive.

We just don't see the point in spending hundreds of dollars to get her through Ontario's graduated licensing system, then about a hundred each time she has to renew...

In a pinch she could still drive me to the hospital, and just explain the situation to the police.

She does know how to drive.

We just don't see the point in spending hundreds of dollars to get her through Ontario's graduated licensing system, then about a hundred each time she has to renew...

In a pinch she could still drive me to the hospital, and just explain the situation to the police.

Just gotta hope that the right policeman stops you then...

1992 Suburban with 200k. She started talking about trading it in on a "new" car, then decided she would be saddened by them crushing the Suburban, so she has now decided she wants to sell it for an older, 1980's, Volvo 240 wagon. Just to clarify, our income is such that she could get a new Suburban, which we looked at, but she doesn't like the idea of owing money on a car/truck and loves the statement our old Suburban or an old Volvo makes.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor