Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Jalopnik: 520 HP Mitsubishi Colt Drops Transmission Onto Highway... Literally [LOLCars]

5 posts in this topic

We didn't think a Mitsubishi Colt was capable of 520 HP, however, during an acceleration run in this kid's Colt, a nasty clunk led to the clutch rolling past. The transmission literally fell out.

Making 520HP at the wheels on a dyno is no joke for a turbocharged four-cylinder, especially from a car that never got much respect during its life, but this Colt manages it at a crushing 44 PSI of boost. That built engine wasn't hooked up to a particularly fortified transmission though, so this impressive failure was pretty much inevitable. Very nicely done sirs. (Hat tip to Sean!)

di
di

full?d=H0mrP-F8Qgo full?d=yIl2AUoC8zA full?i=m25eTN3bnVM:H0ds0INSDhA:D7DqB2pKE full?i=m25eTN3bnVM:H0ds0INSDhA:V_sGLiPBp
m25eTN3bnVM

View the full article

Five-hundred and twenty horsepower? Yeah, sure it generates that much power ... going down a side of a mountain, pushed by the winds of a F3 tornado.

id believe it is fast (needs a dyno slip for claims) that thing was pulling hard. prolly would have done a lot better had he shifted instead of sitting redlined for 2-3 secs.

but

A- everything goes at the weakest link

B- that dude sounded like bevis and butthead when the trans let go, he also laughs like a total tard.

120-130 MPH?

I think not.

Edited by Camino LS6

Bah- my father's Colt (figuratively) dropped it's trans with whatever pathetic 65-neighborhood HP it had stock.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room