Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Bryan Nesbitt: New Cadillac General Manager

30 posts in this topic

Taken from:

http://www.autoextremist.com/on-the-table1/

Did somebody mention that it's not business as usual at the new GM Co.? Here's further evidence of it: Bryan Nesbitt - one of the key leaders at Global Design for GM - is moving to Cadillac to become the new General Manager, reporting directly to Bob Lutz, effective immediately. True to his word, "Maximum Bob" is bringing the design and product development aspects of the business within GM together to integrate the brand building power of their product and marketing initiatives in order to get closer to the customer. Since joining GM in April of 2001, Nesbitt and his teams were responsible for such design hits as the Buick Enclave, Pontiac Solstice, Saturn Aura and Chevrolet Malibu. While assigned to GME Design in Europe, Nesbitt also led the development of the Saab Aero X and 9-X concepts, the Opel Meriva and GTC concepts, as well as the 2009 European Car of the Year – the Opel Insignia. The news of Nesbitt’s new assignment was shared with Cadillac dealers this afternoon by Mark LaNeve at a previously scheduled business meeting in downtown Detroit. An inspired choice. - PMD
Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

BTW: I believe it was Monkees, not Monkeys.

Or am I wrong?

BTW: I believe it was Monkees, not Monkeys.

Or am I wrong?

I wouldn't know, English is not my 1st language ... :D

I wouldn't know, English is not my 1st language ... :D

But that's not English!

:neenerneener:

I met Nesbitt - he's a great guy - should do well as Cadillac's GM.

It is Mike Nesmith you are confusing with Bryan Nesbitt.

PCS: A lot has changed. I read in one of the threads you work for BMW now?

I did not know English was not your first language.

I have been reading through the other threads and a lot has changed with a lot of members around here it seems.

I have been reading through the other threads and a lot has changed with a lot of members around here it seems.

Right you are!

>>"I did not know English was not your first language."<<

His English is fine; that's just a crutch to cover gaffes. :wink:

It's a Delaware thing. :rotflmao:

Does sound like things are shaping up at GM/Cadillac!

And yes, lots has changed for many of our members.

Chris

Yes things have changed 98, but that's life. How are things in my home state of Texas? Indeed, English is not my 1st language, German is ... My father was a diplomat for the US State Dept and was assigned to Germany where he met my mother who was a German national. I spent the 1st 10 years of my life living in Germany, before my father brought us home to Texas ... And bathy is correct, my English is perfect, but I never said it wasn't, all I ever said was that it is not my 1st language, which it isn't ... :smilewide: As far as being a Delaware thing, not sure about that, I'm not a Delawarean, I'm a Texan and have the Texas accent to prove it ...

I locked in my 20 years of retirement under EU rules, just before GM went bankrupt. I had been sitting on an offer from BMW for quite a while, and took the Leap of Faith and went with them. There is a picture of what a BMW plant looks like on my profile page here, if you get the chance take a look at it ...

I'm glad to see you back here posting, I did see you post on GMI from time to time, but I don't post there myself ... I have pm's here disabled, but if you want to communicate with me on MSN Messenger, let me know, and I will give you my MSN Messenger e-mail so we can connect ... Anyway, don't be a stranger ...

Bö®ğeЯ

Oh Lord... zzzzzzzz...

Anyhoo, yes sir, welcome back to these hallowed halls, Ninety-Eight!

Oh Lord... zzzzzzzz...

Anyhoo, yes sir, welcome back to these hallowed halls, Ninety-Eight!

Oh your bobby was in Portugal recently, I know how you miss him ...

Thank you all for the welcome back comments in this thread and others where I have seen them. I notice I see that in a lot of the threads I have posted. I do not want anyone to think I am being rude. I say thank you.

As for GMI, I only posted a few times there when GM was headed and went into bankruptcy. I was only supporting the Pontiac and GM people taking the loss hard and blown away by the fact GM killed another brand.

Oldsmobile people have been through that feeling and pain and loss and the feeling GM left you in the cold. I know GM all too well. The new GM deserves a chance to show what they can do. That does not mean I trust them. The Oldsmobile thing is not forgotten.

As for other things, I have spent time time as Administrator on Oldsmobile Forums. I am doing things there daily and more. If you own an Oldsmobile, check us out.

So.. back to Bryan Nesbitt:

GM is starting to do what they used to do in the good times: promote engineers and designs and car guys up in the ranks at GM. Bryan has moved up fast too.

Oooo; a Ford COE and a Mack B-61! And a convertible station wagon! ;)

Bryan recently headed up Chevrolet design, Malibu/SS concept look translating into Chevy design is his responsibility. Malibu is one of the most successful GM car designs in recent history, well proportioned, classic Chevy cues, balanced approach front and back, conservative yet aggressive fascias. As Cadillac General Manager, I think he will exude passion to go for the best cars. hopefully XTS and lambda escalade are the last of the compromised Caddys, and they start heading for true best in class feel [that is if those cars don't already achieve that].

Thank you all for the welcome back comments in this thread and others where I have seen them. I notice I see that in a lot of the threads I have posted. I do not want anyone to think I am being rude. I say thank you.

As for GMI, I only posted a few times there when GM was headed and went into bankruptcy. I was only supporting the Pontiac and GM people taking the loss hard and blown away by the fact GM killed another brand.

Oldsmobile people have been through that feeling and pain and loss and the feeling GM left you in the cold. I know GM all too well. The new GM deserves a chance to show what they can do. That does not mean I trust them. The Oldsmobile thing is not forgotten.

As for other things, I have spent time time as Administrator on Oldsmobile Forums. I am doing things there daily and more. If you own an Oldsmobile, check us out.

So.. back to Bryan Nesbitt:

GM is starting to do what they used to do in the good times: promote engineers and designs and car guys up in the ranks at GM. Bryan has moved up fast too.

Glad to see one of the wise to return. We lost too may good people and it shows in some of the treads.

Byran is one skilled guy not only in design but also dealing with admin. He is one guy that seems to understand how to get things done no mater what is given to him. Bob brought him here and has enabled him to do what he is able to do what he does best.

Of all the things Bob has done at GM, the greatest is to give the ability of the engineers and designers to do all they can do not just what they are told. He gets the best out of them with out having them being told what to do or be affraid to make a decision on their own. He fights for then so they don't have to sit on their hands waiting for a directive from on high.

When Bob showed up he asked why GM did not have 3MM panel gaps like everyone else? He was told they could do it but were never told to do it. Bob told them they can do what they needed to do with out having to be told. We now have panel gaps at GM on par with the rest of the industry.

I had someone I knew in Powertrain and Bob visited and told them to make power and get mileage out of all the engines. He told them to do what they can do and he had their back on it. After that we now have 3.6 V6 with 304 HP, an LS engine with 426 HP, the ZR1 that can go as high as 725 HP if needed and the LNF that with the tune kit from GM gets 30 MPG but makes almost 300 HP on 2.0 liters. Somthing Ford is just now promoting with its coming Ecoboost that is 2.0 and only 230 HP. Today we have some great GM engines and trannys are just waiting for the new product to put them in.

I think we will see a lot out of the new styling and the engines. We will get more MPG with smaller engines but Bob will make sure there will be options for Turbo's and other ways to make them with the power we all expect.

I am waiting to see just what is planned as I expect we will have a few suprises for many. The Future I think will not be a dank as some expect. There will be something for everyone.

this is how we will end up with brands and models that truly represent different things. quality will continue to be the best, or continue to get there in durablity terms. design will mean different things for different brands. finally they may live up to their potential. can't wait to see what concepts are given the green light to restore Cadillac.

I don't know what to make of this. For one thing, Nesbitt has a few hits under his belt but none of them were particularly groundbreaking in design. The PT Cruiser was his biggest so far but it really was an homage to past Chrysler vehicles more than anything.

I think he doesn't take as many risks as some of the more well known designers (Bangle) and that could be a good thing.

Also, the fact that he's spent a lot of time in Europe at Opel means he is a bit more familiar with the more refined styling of the german automakers than say a designer who lives in California or Detroit. I think it will only improve Cadillac's chances of being a real global contender.

Hopefully he is better than Taylor. Although GM should have put an engineer in this position, not a design guy. Cadillac is chasing 3 companies that are engineering first, and Cadillac needs more engineering above all else.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0