Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

GM to name Dewar as Chevrolet chief in brand shake-up

21 posts in this topic

GM to name Dewar as Chevrolet chief in brand shake-up:

THIS ARTICLE BELONGS TO AUTOMOTIVE NEWS.

UPDATED: 7/23/09 3:08 P.M. ET

DETROIT -- Brent Dewar, General Motors Co.'s European sales chief, was named vice president of Chevrolet as part of a sweeping overhaul involving new appointments and departures for about two dozen executives.

Bryan Nesbitt, 40, currently chief of GM's North American design, will become general manager of Cadillac on August 1, the company said in a statement. Susan Docherty, 46, will remain in charge of Buick and GMC as general manager. She had been vice president.

All three brand leaders will report to Bob Lutz, 77, who was named vice chairman of marketing as GM emerged from bankruptcy two weeks ago. (See pdf file at right and table below.) He plans to make design the focus of GM's advertising message.

Ed Peper, 47, vice president in charge of Chevrolet, will take responsibility for Cadillac sales as general manager.

The intent is to integrate product design, marketing and advertising while allowing sales to have a separate focus. In that vein, Peper will report to Mark LaNeve, vice president in charge of U.S. sales and service.

Cadillac's interim general manager, Steve Hill, 49, was named general manager of retail sales support.

More at Auto News:

http://www.autonews.com/article/20090723/A.../907239991/1260

Edited by JamesBond
Added Article Text from other post.

This is all good. They need a shakeup. I think it is significant that they are shaking up their 2 bookend brands first to make sure they have everything they need in place to succeed.

Revolving door of beancounters...same game, different players...

I really think the new Chevrolets look good. Way better then when GMNA was designing them.

GM to name Dewar as Chevrolet chief in brand shake-up:

DETROIT -- Brent Dewar, General Motor Co.'s European sales chief, today will be named head of Chevrolet as part of a leadership shake-up at two of the four surviving U.S. brands, two people familiar with the plan said.

More at Auto News:

http://www.autonews.com/article/20090723/A.../907239991/1260

Link is a subscription can't enter

I really think the new Chevrolets look good. Way better then when GMNA was designing them.

Recently? In the past Opel designed the small cars & we got Vega, Chevette, J cars, Le Mans/Firefly. Real winners

Yes, I am speaking of recently. Not those cars you speak of.

Anybody notice how all the "new" management are all formerly from GME?

Having driven the last 2 generations of 'bu's not the current gen I liked them both but tthe past gen as nice to drive was wacked with the biggest ugly stick in this hemisphere. The MCE looks better but that sure was a short cycle, I did like the last of the Maxx though it would make my short list in used iron.

Yes and I'm not surprised at all ...

Yes, I am speaking of recently. Not those cars you speak of.

Yeah some Bavarian :wink: has been saying that would happen for maybe 6-9 months.

Well.. Pontiac C.S. said that this was going to happen with GM Europe management taking these positions. Fritz is building a "his " team. Lutz worked for GM Europe too.

I still think something is up with that whole Opel debacle going on right now too. GM is not just going walk away from Opel or hand it over. The German government is trying to make that happen.

The thing is we do not know all the details of the deal.

The whole management shake up is interesting indeed. It makes you wonder if there was a faction in GM who wanted to change all along but they were not in a position of power to do so. Just now when the power has shifted, they can make the changes they need.

All these car guys and GM Europe people are in charge now... Interesting indeed.

The seem to have some knowledge of a global car industry it seems.

Bob Lutz sure has a lot of power now.

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Don't forget thought, he works for Fritz.

Recently? In the past Opel designed the small cars & we got Vega, Chevette, J cars, Le Mans/Firefly. Real winners

OK that past was 30 years ago. Things change.

Having driven the last 2 generations of 'bu's not the current gen I liked them both but tthe past gen as nice to drive was wacked with the biggest ugly stick in this hemisphere. The MCE looks better but that sure was a short cycle, I did like the last of the Maxx though it would make my short list in used iron.

Drive the current one. You will no longer consider the previous two "nice to drive" in comparison, and rightfully so. It's just that good.

Well.. Pontiac C.S. said that this was going to happen with GM Europe management taking these positions. Fritz is building a "his " team. Lutz worked for GM Europe too.

I still think something is up with that whole Opel debacle going on right now too. GM is not just going walk away from Opel or hand it over. The German government is trying to make that happen.

The thing is we do not know all the details of the deal.

The whole management shake up is interesting indeed. It makes you wonder if there was a faction in GM who wanted to change all along but they were not in a position of power to do so. Just now when the power has shifted, they can make the changes they need.

All these car guys and GM Europe people are in charge now... Interesting indeed.

The seem to have some knowledge of a global car industry it seems.

There has been many people inside wanting to change the system but the system would not let them change it. The book Why GM Matters points out how the systme worked or did not work.

I feel Fritz feels there is a need for change as if he does not provide new fresh faces he will be blaimed for not doing enough. Also I detect that with Lutz calling a lot of the product choices he may have made the call on who is in charge of what. Lets face it Bryan is at GM because of Bob and Bryan has moved up fast with Bobs help along with his own talent.

I don't think it was just GME I think it was the fact the people chosen were just there when called. I would not be suprised to see someone from GM China get a place somewhere. I see all markets being represented in the NA market. What better way to get GM to work world wide with people who know how it all works in each market. The new cars GM does for the most will be used world wide and each market needs to work with the other like they did on the Lacrosse.

Don't forget thought, he works for Fritz.

That is funny! The reason I laugh is because of how Fritz Henderson stated that and it has become the new tag line.

There has been many people inside wanting to change the system but the system would not let them change it. The book Why GM Matters points out how the systme worked or did not work.

I feel Fritz feels there is a need for change as if he does not provide new fresh faces he will be blaimed for not doing enough. Also I detect that with Lutz calling a lot of the product choices he may have made the call on who is in charge of what. Lets face it Bryan is at GM because of Bob and Bryan has moved up fast with Bobs help along with his own talent.

I don't think it was just GME I think it was the fact the people chosen were just there when called. I would not be suprised to see someone from GM China get a place somewhere. I see all markets being represented in the NA market. What better way to get GM to work world wide with people who know how it all works in each market. The new cars GM does for the most will be used world wide and each market needs to work with the other like they did on the Lacrosse.

Totally understandable. It is agreed upon too. GM hopefully will make better use of its resources.

Still predicting and prognosticating are we ??? I'm still waiting for your Zeta Chevy Caprice that you said would come... :P

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0