Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

More Junkyard pics

I wish it weren't too late for the blue '71 Pontiac B-body coupe posted up there. Sigh. I actually saw a nice '71 Impala coupe this evening on the way home at a Latino-run car electronics/detailing shop. It wasn't donked!

Any interesting old Ohio plates in this yard? I'd compensate you fairly if you snagged a few for me.

Only plates I remember are the rusty ones on the front of a camino.

I'll keep my eyes out!

Chris

Darn it, she's pretty far gone... I just looove '71-'72 B-body coupes.

I remember a much cleaner version of this car from when I was in high school.

Wendy Jefferson's parents drove it. She was 8 months pregnant at graduation and I remember watching her getting into the back seat after the ceremon Kind of funny, actually.

And the Buick version of this car is kind of cool also, Cubical.

Chris

Great pics- keep 'em coming ! A lot of the vintage stuff is really pretty bad tho- tough to look at. But that '63 wagon is gorgeous- wagons now are rare enough that I can strongly appreciate even Chevy versions! -- -- -- -- -- 66- WHAT IS THIS to the right ??? :: IMG0437.jpg Fabric roof insert says '30s. Depending on what it is/ body style/ cancer - that's worth some bucks right there.

It's non Ford IIRC and also non GM...I'll get some more pics in a few eeks when I can get back down there and then maybe we an figure out what it is.

It's non Ford IIRC and also non GM...I'll get some more pics in a few eeks when I can get back down there and then maybe we an figure out what it is.

Hmmm..wild guess, but maybe an early '50s Chrysler hardtop like this '52 Windsor..the quarter window shape, roof shape, and rear fender placement look similar..

1952windsor2dr.jpg

You nailed the car on the left, trying to figure out the car on the right.

My guess is 34-36 Plymouth.

Chris

Ah...that one. Something ancient. Car bodies from the early 30s all look alike to me, pretty hard to tell apart, IMHO.

Rob

I can't tell if it's a truck cab, or a 'fordor'- looks like the latter.

Hmmm..the rear of the body is pretty flat and vertical, could be a truck...hard to tell from the pic how far forward the body goes...and that almost looks like a piece of a b-pillar (wood?) on the left.

Rob

Looks like a round hole down low (branch sticking thru). Here's a pic of a '35 Plymouth..the rear window shape and raised character lines are similar..

1934-Plymouth-Vanilla-Shake-Pastel-Green

That hole could be where the fuel filler was..found some pics of a '33 Plymouth that look like that..

3m83p93l5ZZZZZZZZZ97be89db0f00cfd1b31.jp

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I like it; you may have nailed it, cubitar! Round hole may correspond to the fuel tank filler, as the one you posted has it's in the same area.

RE: 2nd pic- I don't see the separation between the body & the rear apron in 66's pic, tho.... :scratchchin:

Edited by balthazar

I like it; you may have nailed it, cubitar! Round hole may correspond to the fuel tank filler, as the one you posted has it's in the same area.

RE: 2nd pic- I don't see the separation between the body & the rear apron in 66's pic, tho.... :scratchchin:

Hmm....good catch. The mystery continues. I wonder what a Dodge or Chrysler rear of the same year looks like?

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
IMG0298.jpg

Top right hand corner ... 70s Impala???

IMG0306.jpg

IMG0304.jpg

Monte for Knightfan

Ahhh....thank you! Course, that does hurt the eyes just a tad. Though, even so, I always kinda wonder what kind of life junkyard cars used to have.....kinda fun to ponder, in a weird sort of way, I know ... lol!

IMG0316.jpg

Holy cow ... an '80s Malibu wagon flanked by a 1st gen MC and a 2nd gen MC.........

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Another dream that ended way too soon" ... Restless Heart ... 'The Bluest Eyes In Texas'

Ahhh....thank you! Course, that does hurt the eyes just a tad. Though, even so, I always kinda wonder what kind of life junkyard cars used to have.....kinda fun to ponder, in a weird sort of way, I know ... lol!

Yeah, someone long ago was an excited new owner, and probably waxed it and took care of it for a while before trading it on the next new shiny after a few years.... the second owner wasn't so caring, etc..

I remember looking at & sitting in a fancy '60 Olds 98 convertible in my favorite junkyard. White car, 2 (or 3??) tone leather seats. Ashtray was full of cigarette butts ringed with red lipstick, and there were a handful of lil' sealed glass vials w/ colored liquid inside on the backseat floor; cracked one open- perfume.

Right then I could see a taller, trim, classy, upscale woman, Ray-Bans, perhaps a scarf around her upswept hair, crusing that stylish monster along the less-trafficed roads, top ALWAYS down, looking fabulous.

The woman- who knows? may be gone. The car was crushed in '98 along with the entire 25 acres worth of it's bretheren.