If you won the lottery

Well after I paid off my college debts, bought a house, and gave some money to my family...

I would have all of the engines and transmissions rebuilt from the ground up, have all of the cars repainted and whatever bodywork done, all of the electricals redone, add sound deadening material to the vehicles, dual exhuast for my car, upgraded brakes, Special suspension, Caliber SRT wheels, my own one-ff fascia made and plenty more.

Then when I was satisfied with our cars, I would write m father a check and buy both `Cudas off him, restore both of them, and drive them in the summer.

Then I would start buying some new cars, starting with a black G8 GXP, a Flex Limited, a hot Mageta Fiesta, a black Challenger SRT8, maybe a Dodge Ram, and a Camaro 2SS. However the Camaro would get a LY bumper and head to a body shop to be repaintd in that yellow/orange color Bumblebee was....because that color rocks.

Then I would head over to the classic car junkyard and pull out that `57 Chrysler Saratoga four door hardtop and fully restore it, get a `72 Plymouth Satellite Sebring, and a Dodge Magnum SRT8,

Move : bigger shop (w/ grease pit) in drier location. Climate-controlled & mouse-proof.

Build a one-off custom and drive it daily. Something fat-fendered, shockingly low and mind-numbingly excessive. I want scrapeage.

And replicate a handful of '50s dream cars that are (seemingly) gone.

hmm. a 76 caprice convertible in yellow. a 83 caprice coupe (350) and a 96 caprice SS. then a restored 66 toronado. Then a koiensegg

I'd take a year to go to travel to many motorsport events, classic car shows and museums. Goodwood Festival of Speed, Monterey Historics, Indy 500, a few F1 races in Europe, the Paris Retromobile show, the 24 hrs of LeMans, Detroit Woodward Dream Cruise, Pebble Beach Concours, Meadowbrook. Travel and see various racetracks, like Imola, Spa, Brands Hatch, Laguna Seca, Lime Rock. Visit Stuttgart, Maranello, etc.

Attend a driving school or two--Bondurant, Jim Russell at Sears Point.

Buy or have built a nice 20 car garage/barn w/ a decent sized house. Not sure what metro area, but probably not PHX.

Build an eclectic collection, with a mix of current/late model favorites (G8 GXP, CTS-v, Camaro SS, Bullitt Mustang, Mustang Shelby GT500, Town Car, Marauder, CVPI, Challenger, etc) for daily drivers and some '60s-70s classics.

Rob

I'd take a year to go to travel to many motorsport events, classic car shows and museums. Goodwood Festival of Speed, Monterey Historics, Indy 500, a few F1 races in Europe, the Paris Retromobile show, the 24 hrs of LeMans, Detroit Woodward Dream Cruise, Pebble Beach Concours, Meadowbrook. Travel and see various racetracks, like Imola, Spa, Brands Hatch, Laguna Seca, Lime Rock. Visit Stuttgart, Maranello, etc.

Buy or have built a nice 20 car garage/barn w/ a decent sized house. Not sure what metro area, but probably not PHX.

Build an eclectic collection, with a mix of current/late model favorites (G8 GXP, CTS-v, Camaro SS, Bullitt Mustang, Mustang Shelby GT500, Town Car, Marauder, CVPI, Challenger, etc) for daily drivers and some '60s-70s classics.

Rob

Nice plan!

A new Tahoe LTZ or Buick Enclave CXL (for the wife). For me a new Camaro 2SS in white with polished wheels (for fun), a G8 GXP in silver, red, or maybe white (for fun) and a CTS-V in red (for fun), a new '10 LaCrosse CXL with chrome wheels (driver) and most likely an Silverado HD (tow rig) of some sort. That would tow my new Crownline boat! Oh and a garage to put all these in, prolly some place out in the country! As for the oldies, I'd take an '87 GNX, '91-92 Trans Am GTA, '77 Can Am, and for good measure throw in a '79 Trans Am WS6/SE with a 400ci. oh yes and a '71-72 GTO with a 455ci. and honey comb or rally II wheels.

I would most likely keep my current fleet (maybe dump my old 2001 Impala) and put the SLE in a different storage garage I talked about along with the G8 GXP, Camaro and CTS-V. The classics would also reside there as well. At the house I would have the new SUV, Torrent, Impala(s) and the '10 LaCrosse, along with the Silverado HD. I also would had another garage put behind my current house with two possibly three more spots.

Edited by gm4life

A very nice shop out back, an Ariel Atom, a nice car trailer, and a new Suburban to haul it with.

Oooh... the Atom is definitely a car I'd like to have. So living near a track where I can get track time is important.

Rob

2010 Corvette Grand Sport in white with hashmark stripes. 2009 Solstice GXP Targa manual. 1979 Century Turbo Coupe, fortified with the very latest in 3800 Turbo tech, and a non-tubbed chassis to handle the engine and canyon carving. 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Techno Gray with orange interior and orange up-and-over stripes painted on, and the chrome and black 21" GM Accessory rims. 1973 Catalina 2-door hardtop, restored but with a built 455, widened Pontiac Rallye II wheels and fat ass sway bars. K2500 Duramax, black extended cab LTZ with knobby, fat black tires and a turned up motor. Not sure what else, that's only 6, and there are 7 days in a week.:)

EDIT: on Sunday, I shall drive a CTS-V coupe.

Edited by ocnblu

hmm. a 76 caprice convertible in yellow. a 83 caprice coupe (350) and a 96 caprice SS. then a restored 66 toronado. Then a koiensegg

You mean a 75, right? Only GM ragtop for 76 was a Caddy.

Chris

Rob

This is what I would do...the fun stuff.

Including Bonneville and Eldora. I've lived in Ohio for 22 years and haven't been to Eldora, dammit!

And I'm going to Bonneville before I die.

As for cars...a Cooper S. And an old truck, prefer Chevy or GMC, 1948-1955 Advance design series if we can do it.

My wants are simple.

Chris

If I won the lottery, after making sensible choices with the money (putting most of it into savings, donating some to charity, etc.), I'd probably restore my Aurora as much as possible, especially as far as interior parts go. I'd also look into finding an Allante as I've always loved those. Maybe a bustleback Seville.

If I won the lottery, after making sensible choices with the money (putting most of it into savings, donating some to charity, etc.), I'd probably restore my Aurora as much as possible, especially as far as interior parts go. I'd also look into finding an Allante as I've always loved those. Maybe a bustleback Seville.

Have you ever posted photos of your Aurora?

A very nice shop out back, an Ariel Atom, a nice car trailer, and a new Suburban to haul it with.

An atom would be awesome, but I'd prefer a Caterham Lotus 7.

Chris

Pay my house off and my sisters, Get a new Camaro and a new truck, Do what needs done on the 1981 and 1985, I would keep the Impala since I like it a lot. Buy mom a new Aveo and Give hers to whichever one of the nieces needs it. Give my uncles 2003 Dodge Ram to his foster son and get him a brand new one. My Aunt is driving Grandmas 1999 Malibu, Get her what she wants in new and give the Malibu to whichever of my nices needs it. It only has 25,000 miles on it. Same with my Brother-in-Laws 2001 Dodge Neon. Give it to one of the kids. Get him something new and Replace my sisters 1998 Venture. You can buy a Garage condo here so I think I would get one of those to put the vehicles I dont need at home. I might see about a 1972-73 or so Impala/Caprice and maybe a 1978 or so Camaro.

I saw a blue Allante today. NICE!

Chris

I was thinking beyond a simple shopping list with the question...

Even with 300 million, I don't want to go ape$h!. Like I said, Goodwood, Bonneville, Road Atlanta, lots of events to watch.

A MINI Cooper S, and a vintage truck. Let me autocross on Sunday, and I am good, even with 300 million.

But I would open an auto museum to preserve our automotive heritage. The AMA has a national motorcycle museeum here in Columbus, Ohio. The air Force has a world class museum for airplanes in Dayton.

I think a really kick ass world class display of our automotive hertage would be where I would spend my Dollars. With a kick ass endowment so it was self funding and very low cost to visit, or maybe even free to visit.

Chris

Have you ever posted photos of your Aurora?

Nope. Never clean enough for it, and with the minor damage here and there, I don't really feel like it's worth the effort. Plus, I'd have to clean the interior :eek:

Croc, did you get your Aurora repaired after the miscreant stomped all over it?

Nope, cost/benefit analysis doesn't work out. Minor dents, but there is some scratching on the rear decklid. Minor, but I know it's there...

I saw a blue Allante today. NICE!

I'd get one in silver, red or black. Hopefully black.

I'd buy 8500 Priuses and give them away in exchange for 3rd gen F-bodies that I will then crush/destroy/poop on.

sweet come down here to anderson and get the 20 or so i have to look at on the way to work everyday. the toyo dealership can use the space for the cars that are selling around here :lol:

A Mini John Cooper Works as a daily driver and an Aston Martin DBS Volante.

Scratch the Astin Martin and put in a 58 Chevy Cameo truck and you've got the right idea for me.

Satty is just yanking people's chains.

I think if I had 300 million in my auto museeum I would have an apprenticeship program so the next geneation of people cold learn to preserve old cars.

Find ten young guys who really wanted to learn and take ten years and make them master craftsmen.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
What crazy automotive thing would you do?

*grins*

First:

Get my 5 Monte Carlos "fixed up".

Second:

Find a HUGE old building along either Route 66 or the Lincoln Highway (maybe near the intersection of these 2 roads in Illinois) ... and have it fixed up.

(or)

Have a HUGE building built in "old architecture" style (near) where the Lincoln Highway and Route 66 intersect in Illinois.

Third:

Add these Monte Carlos to my family...

...1970 454 SS

...1978 (factory manual tranny)

...1980 Turbo coupe

...1983 SS

...1984 SC

...1985 SC

...1986 Aerocoupe

...1988 LS

Fourth:

Open up a Monte Carlo Museum

Fifth:

Pick up these as well...

...1975 Caprice Classic convertible

...1978 Caprice Classic coupe

How's that for crazy???

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Hood slidin' like Bo Duke"...Dierks Bently...'What Was I Thinking?'