I was supposed to be...

...at my high school reunion tonight at The Jetty in Stevensville, MD, but I chickened out because an old friend kept saying how much she REALLY wanted to see me after 27 years. She's a widow, she married a guy right out of school. We kind of had a "thing" back then, but I "gave" her to the other guy. I took the easy way out. Was it right?

It was fine.

If you don't want to re-open that stage of your life, so what?

Does she know your not into her...or any other "her" for that matter?

Besides, my friend Judy dated a guy from 7th grade through high school. At graduation, he told her that he was gay. She has never gotten married, he has never settled down with a guy. They are made in a way for each other, still good friends...but now both over 50 years old.

Just my two cents. Set up a lunch sometime maybe.

Chris

Good, healthy suggestion. I don't think she knows. And lunch would be difficult, seeing as she flew in from her home in Georgia for the party (also to visit her parents who live locally there.) I'll still correspond with her over Facebook from time to time, and she says she forgives me for not going. It's funny how time flies. She looks fantastic, too. She kept her figure and her looks. She's a hot little brunette, at 5'2", with two college-age kids.

So your free and single and don't have kids. Here is the hot tip. You are thinking of buying a pickup truck. I used to live in Georga. People down there love pick up trucks. The Colorado/Canyon will need some love. Make a road trip south...

While your on the way, check out the blue ridge parkway.

Good friends are rare. She sounds like one. Life is short, dammit.

Enjoy her.

Chris

Well I do enjoy her. I just don't want there to be any confusion should I see her again. I don't want to hurt her (an assumption on my part, based on our recent conversations on the internet) if she got too close and I had to tell her to ease up a bit.

Wait- it's been 27 years, people do change! I understand you've been corresponding & are still remote friends- but it sounds like you're expecting she'll launch herself at you, thighs akimbo. I would think an in-person meeting would be fine after all this time.

>>"She's a hot little brunette"<<

Alright, now we're gonna need a pic: swipe & post, please! The advice might change!

Wait- it's been 27 years, people do change! I understand you've been corresponding & are still remote friends- but it sounds like you're expecting she'll launch herself at you, thighs akimbo. I would think an in-person meeting would be fine after all this time.

8:14 ?? What happened to 10 PM (he asks at 11:04) !!

I'm the only one that asked and the link is already dead.

How about's a PM'd pic there, ocn ??

Just curious of course, I enjoy your.... sensitivity in these relationship matters

.... and I like hot brunettes. :wub:

Since I recently started a page on FB, I got in touch with a girl in HS who had a thing for me (but she wasn't my type that way)- any HS tension has long since faded away and the convo has been quite nice.

Edited by balthazar

Well I do enjoy her. I just don't want there to be any confusion should I see her again. I don't want to hurt her (an assumption on my part, based on our recent conversations on the internet) if she got too close and I had to tell her to ease up a bit.

Or, a simple "let's get something straight...I'm not." would do the same thing without any of the melodrama.

Honestly, I think it's a bit much to assume that she's looking to meet up with "the other guy" from HS after all these years and start a relationship. Girls are ridiculous, but not that ridiculous...unless seriously unbalanced, in which you run in the other direction anyway.

Quick, somebody kiss me!

I'm a very hairy working class guy from Ohio. If I kiss you you will be (or become) straight.

Kissing me would be enough to make you give up men.

Chris

For a limited time only: that's her on the left.

old friend

:useless:

Maybe you're straight after all.

+1. Try it. You never know. Be open minded. May be you need a companion, so does she, rather than a "significant other". It will work out still being friends and have someone's shoulder to put your head on after a busy day. :)

I tried "it" when I was in my 20's. I even got one pregnant (she "forgot" to use her birth control that we agreed on). She went psycho on me and got rid of it (or at least she told me she did, I never saw her again after I paid her half the fee for the horrible procedure, what're ya gonna do, she was a Drama major). So, the answer is noooooo.

I tried "it" when I was in my 20's. I even got one pregnant (she "forgot" to use her birth control that we agreed on). She went psycho on me and got rid of it (or at least she told me she did, I never saw her again after I paid her half the fee for the horrible procedure, what're ya gonna do, she was a Drama major). So, the answer is noooooo.

That was 50 years ago. You are more mature now, I guess? :P

Hopefully things work out well for you...a friend in Georgia, a new truck in the driveway, and a new boyfriend to keep you warm at night.

You would be a happy guy!

Chris