Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Lincoln downsizing models, possible compact car and small crossover in the works

6 posts in this topic

Lincoln will reportedly be taking a new approach to what sort of vehicles it produces, with plans to downsize vehicles in the wake of flailing sales of the Navigator SUV and other large cars. The new approach will see the American brand focusing on cars that will likely be the smallest Lincolns ever, an approach that some other luxury rivals have shied away from in fear of a U.S. market not ready for smaller cars yet.

For the immediate future, Lincoln could be planning a number of surprises to help return the brand to prominence. Spearheading this approach is rumored to be a new compact Lincoln based on a Ford platform, most likely the Focus' global platform, but whether or not Lincoln is sure of such a move remains uncertain. The brand has already explored the possibility of smaller cars for city dwellers via its concepts, but turning them into production vehicles could be a risk that Lincoln is not willing to take.

More at the link:

http://www.motorauthority.com/lincoln-down...-the-works.html

wasn't it planned mercury would be the "small vehicle lincolns" basically?

if this happens they better be show stopping, else it's a waste of time and lots of money.

wasn't it planned mercury would be the "small vehicle lincolns" basically?

if this happens they better be show stopping, else it's a waste of time and lots of money.

Who knows? Maybe they are setting up for a Mercury phase out as has been rumoured forever... Lincoln had a Focus sized concept recently, didn't they?

Rob

I think some of you need to open your eyes. The Lincoln MKS is a very sharp looking car, very tasteful interior and I also see lots of them on the road

+ 1. I really like the design inside and out...they look fantastic in black and a CTS-like red that they have...

Rob

MKS is nice with ecoboost to give it some market distinction.

its not a drop dead stunner like the CTS, but on its own it gives a good impression versus other soft luxers. i am interested in seeing if the lacrosse can touch how nice the MKS is inside, or the taurus even for that matter.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0