In South Korea, where Samsung assembles its cars, it is

is already considering a considerable increase in production: yes

estimate about 300,000 vehicles a year against the 73,000 produced

in 2008, thanks to the widespread dissemination of the network

Saturn sales in the North American territory, which currently

sells Opel cars derivation.

The link:

http://www.autoblog.it/post/21364/saturn-t...gli-stati-uniti

Is there reason to believe this article has more solid credibility than any of the other rumor mill articles that have been around for weeks/months? We know Penske has connections with Samsung, but he has other connections too, and has said that he's talking to multiple manufacturers and no deals have been made (or had the last time I saw anything come straight from the horse's mouth at least.)

That's actually not a bad looking car. Every time I hear Samsung car, I always think the worst! :lol:

I really wonder what direction Penske will take Saturn. I mean, I understand his intent to purchase vehicles from a variety of manufacturers and sell them through the Saturn sales channel, but he is intending to rebadge them as Saturns, right? If so, it will be interesting to see if they can keep a consistent design language buying vehicles from multiple OEM's.

That's actually not a bad looking car. Every time I hear Samsung car, I always think the worst! :lol:

I really wonder what direction Penske will take Saturn. I mean, I understand his intent to purchase vehicles from a variety of manufacturers and sell them through the Saturn sales channel, but he is intending to rebadge them as Saturns, right? If so, it will be interesting to see if they can keep a consistent design language buying vehicles from multiple OEM's.

That's a big question, which relates to whether Penske will have the cars be rebadges of vehicles only currently in other markets, or if Penske will dictate much of the design and characteristics of the vehicles. All things we don't know yet of course. I remain pessimistically optimistic.

Not a bad looking car. I see sort of a Ford Mondeo vibe to the taillights and headlights.

Rob

not entirely bad but there is nothing distinctive.

if saturn does this i prob will lose interest quickly.

Interesting that the dash looks just like the Megane's. This car with different front and rear ends might be the new Megane Sedan.

Not that bad looking. If it's any good, some ppl will buy it. As long as Roger Penske gets the word out that this is NOT a General Motors car, I can see no harm. I have a feeling it will have as much impact on the market as, say, a new Suzuki sedan. I see no reason to lose sleep over it.

Interesting that the dash looks just like the Megane's. This car with different front and rear ends might be the new Megane Sedan.

upon further inspeaction, i do believe you are right about that. the megane has extra detail that actually makes it interesting though.

well, the die hard saturn bangers will probably think its fine.

but to me, if all saturn i going represent going forward is another version of the genera sedan, or a suzuki, like blu says, then i realy am indifferent to it. why not just call it renault and set them back up again?

i guess though if saturn is the only one selling a nice euro 4 door + hatch that is like the astra and not a VW, and its a version of the megane, and its affordable, it may end up being my next ride by default. who knows. after a lot of soul searching lately, i almost feel like my next car needs to be a yellow camaro, if i can swing it.

penske is totally betting the success of the saturn operation entirely on the 'culture' and dealer experience and image then. well, that is nice and stuff, but it will only go so far if the cars have not much to distunguish them.

So a French car made in Korea sold by an American dealership group?

Then again, the ASTRA already is a German car made in Belgium sold by an American manufacturer.

Edited by pow

penske must be thinking that saturn buyers don't have any interest in a common styling theme in the brand or any of that.

to merely pick ala carte at the bunch offerings around the world and slap a saturn badge on it, shows no defference to the vehicle itself, its all just relying on marketing and the dealer experience.

nice thought, but there is far too much competition out there to ignore the actual product itself.

the only possibility with this is that this may be a visionary approach, to assume all cars will come to fruition this way in the future and why not be the innovator to this paper pusher approach.

it assumes anything can be peddled on the ignorant masses, as long as the marketing campaign is well funded and all of that. I guess it works for politics, and most of the rest of our consumer goods. As long as its a feel good delivery and promises to cure all ills, then maybe this will work for saturn.

Some of the initial products may suffer from a "we gotta get some product quick!" mentality, too. Not that it really helps make things better when someone's choosing a car to buy.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0