Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Pics Aplenty: Saab shows off its 9-5 in full high-res glory

9 posts in this topic

Filed under: Spy Photos, Sedan, Saab, Luxury

saab-95-leaked-lead.jpg
2010 Saab 9-5 - Click above for high-res image gallery

It didn't take long for the floodgates of official pictures to open after the first set of leaked images gave us an early glimpse at the new 2010 Saab 9-5 inside and out. Just as before, we're cautiously optimistic that this attractive sedan (though it's appearance is certainly polarizing to many) will look as good in the flesh as it does in pictures. In this latest round of images, we get a better look at many of the new 9-5's most interesting details, including its pronounced grille and fascia, multi-hued side mirrors, full-length LED brake lighting and bottom-edge J-shaped chrome trim.

Inside, we see the expected cockpit-style dash layout, though with a more modern take on the classic Swedish design. Of course, there's a console-mounted ignition button and mellow green-tinted interior lighting, but we also note quite a few interesting textures and patterns to break up the otherwise somber-looking monotony of dark colors. Check out our gallery below and hold tight for the official details and specifications from Saab, which should be on their way in short order considering that the dam is crumbling at such an alarming rate.

[source: Auto Motor and Sport]

Pics Aplenty: Saab shows off its 9-5 in full high-res glory originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=qXnhlKe9ShU:QmTVpgLR3kk:wF9xT autoblog?i=qXnhlKe9ShU:QmTVpgLR3kk:V_sGL
qXnhlKe9ShU

View the full article

The exterior is good, except for the greenhouse trim: it's chrome on the bottom and rear, but blacked out on the top and front. Looks strange. A+ interior however.

disagreements on the interior. looks like a lot of cheap plastic and the same GM steering wheel as everything else (admittedly a good SW). Even the shifter is the same as the new lacrosse. the design theme of the interior is dull.

ill wait to pass final judgemnt though until i sit in one.

Saab baffles me...

With the 9-3 they stepped away from quirkiness and into more mainstream, but still kept the same Saab flair, and that car was a pretty good seller early on. Then it got stale (typical GM) and outdated compared to the competition and faded.

Basically what I'm saying is... this is by far the quirkiest design for a presumably $45-60K car; I can't see it appealing to anyone but Saab purists really. Who buys this over an E-Class/5-Series/A6/XF/CTS/etc.?

A Swede who is tired of the new direction for Volvo and likes ridiculous letter/number combinations on the back of t their car "TTi.D4"

I'll repeat what I said in the other thread, that the attention to detail in this car amazes me. And I have to disagree with Northstar; if this is quirky, then what the hell does that make the 5-series? The 9-5 is far more tame on the oustside, an I personally like the interior better.

Saab baffles me...

With the 9-3 they stepped away from quirkiness and into more mainstream, but still kept the same Saab flair, and that car was a pretty good seller early on. Then it got stale (typical GM) and outdated compared to the competition and faded.

Basically what I'm saying is... this is by far the quirkiest design for a presumably $45-60K car; I can't see it appealing to anyone but Saab purists really. Who buys this over an E-Class/5-Series/A6/XF/CTS/etc.?

I think it's a bit ambitious to say this car is competing with the 5-series etc. A FWD I4 isn't really gonna be in the same league as the big Germans, so I guess this is sort of like the S80: stuck between the 3 and the 5.

The exterior is good, except for the greenhouse trim: it's chrome on the bottom and rear, but blacked out on the top and front. Looks strange. A+ interior however.

Disagree. I think it fits the blacked out a-pillars perfectly, and it's a design cue SAAB fans usually like. Pretty much like BMW fans usually like their Hofmeister Kink. Btw, many 4 cylinder diesel 5-series sold in Europe as company cars.

A Swede who is tired of the new direction for Volvo and likes ridiculous letter/number combinations on the back of t their car "TTi.D4"

No official specs yet, but as far as it's been circulated TTiD4 is supposed to mean Twin-Turbo direct Injection Diesel 4 cylinders. If that's ridiculous, then the STS4 denoting an AWD Cadillac STS is just as ridiculous.

Thats done completely on purpose.

It draws the eye, and defines the traditional "hockey stick" window line.

There are alot of retro cues baked into this car. Notice the turn signals in the front bumper.

A reference to the SAAB 99!

saab-99-1969_71.jpg

I love driver oriented interiors, and SAAB never fails.

They did a good job with this one.

I love single unit horizontal tailights too, so bonus marks here.

A reference to the 9000?

1996-saab-9000cs-red-2.jpg

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0