Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Live Reveal: 2010 Suzuki Kizashi unveiled!

24 posts in this topic

Filed under: Sedan, Suzuki, Luxury

01-suzuki-kizashi-live_opt.jpg
2010 Suzuki Kizashi - Click above for high-res image gallery

We've gone to some unusual places for new product unveilings, but today's reveal of a new mid-sized sedan from Suzuki may be one of the most ironic. For some reason the small automaker of mostly small cars chose a World War II memorial in suburban Detroit for the global reveal of its most aggressive attack yet on the heart of the U.S. car market.

Suzuki has always been a bit of an outlier in this market, although the company has been a strong player in the Japanese mini-car market. Its most successful entry to date here in the U.S. has been the compact SX4. Now it's trying to encroach on Camry/Accord/Fusion territory. Learn all about where Suzuki is going and what to expect from the Kizashi after the jump

Live Photos Copyright ©2009 Sam Abuelsamid / Weblogs, Inc.

Continue reading Live Reveal: 2010 Suzuki Kizashi unveiled!

Live Reveal: 2010 Suzuki Kizashi unveiled! originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:23:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=YWWdDOWDaZA:TMHDQtXv2TE:wF9xT autoblog?i=YWWdDOWDaZA:TMHDQtXv2TE:V_sGL
YWWdDOWDaZA

View the full article

Why does that front end remind me of a VW Jetta?

Similar fascia and grille opening. I see some Fusion/Milan in the greenhouse. Looks like it's maybe the size of a Jetta (large compact?)

Rob

That name...wow. These guys are pretty inept marketers. Unless the commercials will be over-the-top and nonsensical, with someone screaming KIZASHI!!!!!!! I don't see how anyone is going to remember this car, especially in middle America.

Interior is at least a generation behind.

Edited by Croc

That name...wow. These guys are pretty inept marketers. Unless the commercials will be over-the-top and nonsensical, with someone screaming KIZASHI!!!!!!! I don't see how anyone is going to remember this car, especially in middle America.

Does Suzuki have any presence in 'middle America'? Maybe the ads will emphasize the Japanese-ness of the name... after all, Suzuki had a Samauri here in the past.

Rob

This car actually looks pretty decent. Much better than their current offerings I think.

I am curious about the platform... is this a Suzuki original or some GMDAT again?

Rob

I am curious about the platform... is this a Suzuki original or some GMDAT again?

Rob

I heard it's all Suzuki, the auto transmission and V6 is going to be GM-sourced.

I really don't know what to think of it. It's a decent car, but will it sway me from the competition into buying this???

Its a bit of Jetta meets Sebring with old Mitsubishi execution.

Not nearly as cool as the concepts, but fairly slick, if a bit melty. :confused0071:

A legitimate Suzuki mid-sized sedan. Very nice.

I still don't think it will push Suzuki into the limelight alongside Toyota, Honda, Chevrolet, etc.

A legitimate Suzuki mid-sized sedan. Very nice.

I still don't think it will push Suzuki into the limelight alongside Toyota, Honda, Chevrolet, etc.

I wonder how it will stack up against the other C-listers, though--Hyundai, Kia, Mitsubishi..

Rob

The interior doesn't look up to par with the rest of the class, but I rather like the exterior. I am bemused by what they did with the exhaust tips, its like they framed the puny pipes.

Oh, and it will fail because thats what Suzuki does.

Edited by Satty

Not bad IMO, except the dumbass name. Suzuki, the fact that all the other Asian mfrs. use English names in NA for say, the last 50 years or so, is no accident .

This car actually looks pretty decent. Much better than their current offerings I think.

this car is stylish in its simplicity. to me its like a 9/8 scale kia forte. its unpretentious, kind of sporty in a cheesy innocent way, and it looks to be highly functional and spacious. a 4 cyl and manual with some attitude for not a lot of coin. likey.

this car is supposed to be a little smaller than the big guns, which i am fine with.

where i go with this, i really like the SX4. In fact i saw how the SX4 for 010 adds hp up to 150 base now, and gets a 6 speed manual. so i was pumped to revisit the SX4 because i think it has a lot of the same appeal as the honda fit and its not as much of a crackerbox. its drives spritely. if this kashi car has the same nimble simple spriteliness and straddles the line between cars like the forte and cars like the camry, it could to me hit a sweet spot in size i would be interested in and suzukis are usually priced well.

this is a car you could beat on and have fun with for a few years, yet not have to get emotionally connected to, and it won't drain your bank account.

and you don't have to be seen with a toyota or hyundai badge.

it does seem to lack a lot of the flair of the concept version though.

-edit-

standard AWD? WTF?

Edited by regfootball

Apparently the Suzuki Swift is coming MY 2010 as well. That should be a nice, fun alternative to the Versa, Yaris, and Fit.

Apparently the Suzuki Swift is coming MY 2010 as well. That should be a nice, fun alternative to the Versa, Yaris, and Fit.

Swift is smaller than those. It is more a Ford Ka competitor.

Here is the comparison of Swift, Fit and Ka:

Swift (5-door):

L-148"

W-67"

H-59"

WB-94"

Fit:

L-162"

W-67"

H-60"

WB-98"

Ka:

L-143"

W-65"

H-59"

WB-91"

Ka

Looks pretty good to me, and I like the point of having AWD w/ 2WD on the standard model. And they offer a six speed manual. GM: Are you listening?

it does seem to lack a lot of the flair of the concept version though.

-edit-

standard AWD? WTF?

Trying to get some Subaru cool, I guess...

Suzuki is just hopeless......I don't see any of the design flair in this production version that I saw in the concept....do you guys?

Also, this car is reportedly smaller than Camry/Accord/Malibu, etc.....and 4-cylinder only (which is, of course the volume engine for the other guys.....but.....)

Interior looks okay to me.....interesting.....but I just don't see how this car is going to help Suzuki at all.....they really needed a dramatic offering in this segment......

It's going to be as invisible as the Galants of the world......

as a 'tweener' car at the right price i could justify this car if its nimble and fun to drive.

liking this car is very price dependent.

The exterior looks cartoonish, which sucks because some of the details look really good. If they scaled the anime look back by 10-20% I think it would look a lot more serious. It's weird, but something about its proportions remind me of the B7 A4. Maybe it's just the wheels. Interior actually impressed me.

Size-wise I'm not really sure where this fits in. Looks to slot between other manufacturers' compact and midsize models.

Oh, and stupid name. I'd be embarrassed to tell someone I drive a Kizashi.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0