Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Lessons in punctuation

Satty

I've noticed recently a rash of posters sixty8 who fail to properly punctuate, or use any punctuation at all. It makes your posts verry difficult to read which increases the liklihood your posts will be skipped over. First things first, the first letter of the first word of a sentence is capitalized, that means it is bigger, i.e. Y as compared to y. At the end of a sentence, place a period or a question mark (looks like this--> ?) if your sentence is a question. Its basic grammar, not too hard most people who aren't from Alabama have been doing it since 2nd grade. Now please, it isn't too hard, so do it.

meh, figure it out i dont cater to beings of lower intelligence, i am crantor god of the drzudsads, bow before my superior intelligence yeah kinda in a rush when i do post most of the time and my laptop is slow so if i dont do all that i can go a little faster and not struggle to slow down

um i type at 16o wpm, the laptop cant keep up with that, i have to slow down or it will crash, and im not just on this site nos, i do other things and right now they include talking online, other sites, research for cars, tv, i multi task, i just go back and forth between windows i dont post nonstop, is i did id be much farther than you who earlier today had less posts than me oh and im 11 and 3/4 almost eight, (holding up two full hands) Edited by mute

Oh my... Classic thread. I was lmao before I even clicked on it. :lol: But yes, BlkHhr104's post are about as easy to read as a different langauge. Sorry, but I've seen posts by 10 year olds that are easier to read. I mean, is it really that hard? Come on... Same with Mute, but to a much lesser degree. And remember guys... You can EDIT your posts... Yeah... really. Isn't that a surprise... :rolleyes:

yeahsoiwasgoingtogotobedbutnowiwanttoseewherethisthreadgoes

[post="4275"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I want to see BV's damn reply to my Fiero chop.

Then I have to start some summer homework that's due Tuesday. Yep, read and write reports on two novels. Amazing.

not so much a post whore, i just pay attention to everything, and when i glance at who posted, i see that everytime, dont look for it it doesnt catch my eyes, i just see everything over there as far as the 11 and 3/4 it was a reference of your condescending comment referrring to my age, children tend to give quarters of years as well as the age they are approaching, i am 16 i need not apologize for my age if your comment was misunderstood i apologize, but it seemed that way to me, im tired and yeah i realize that im hard to understand, i try to make sure that i edit out spelling and grammer kind of, but i do not worry about capitalization this post tool about 70 sec to write thats it with edits referrences and evrything

oh who cares about grammar and punctuation? I am sure if I bothered with it, I would probably have better grammar and punctuation than all of you...but I don't care...anyone with half a brain can read even the most jumbled crap and still understand it for the most part...stop whining about things that really aren't important... (and don't tell me grammar and punctuation is important...I know it is...and it's fine if you are writing an essay or a resume or something of that type...but we're on an automotive forum...and to quote John Stossel... "Give me a break...")

oh who cares about grammar and punctuation? I am sure if I bothered with it, I would probably have better grammar and punctuation than all of you...but I don't care...anyone with half a brain can read even the most jumbled crap and still understand it for the most part...stop whining about things that really aren't important... (and don't tell me grammar and punctuation is important...I know it is...and it's fine if you are writing an essay or a resume or something of that type...but we're on an automotive forum...and to quote John Stossel... "Give me a break...")

[post="4308"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Its still rather annoying, don't you think?

meh...It really doesn't bug me...I mean sure...writing like a moron capitalizing every other letter and substituting numbers for letters and adding X's or Z's or whatever can get annoying...but other than that, you can type word after word with no punctuation and it wouldn't bug me...

Nah, man, that's just lazy....it ain't that hard to mix in a period....

i hate when people do this they run their sentences together that is just weak to me can you punctuate prick and then to make that its only the internet excuse iz even worse

Corniest thing on the planet. Especially in long blocks.

wait, 160 words per minute? that's nuts! how do you do it, and how often do you actually type that quickly?

i type around 120-140 words per minute but most of the time i keep it at 90-100 just because, damn, that's too fast.

(i'm also shocked because i've never heard of a computer that couldn't deal with input at that rate, your computer must be weird.)

(this post was punctuated properly.) Edited by chris

laptop its retarded. i average about 160 wpm thats not saying like small words, like i write a term paper and i type 160 wpm, ive typed faster and slower, but thats the average, i have to wait on instant messages cuz the comp has to finish processing and then catch up to the internet, i have a communicative disorder when it somes to speaking normally, but when i got online a little while ago, i found that it didnt translate, i found it easy to express myself, talk, staceface commented that i have articulated, measured replys, thats because i have no problem expressing myself online, many of you have said i try to act older, again because of the releif of being able to express my thoughts, ideas. When you get excited about something that comes easy to you, do you get really good at it?

Just goes to prove the higher educated proper way folks lack independant thought. I have absolutely no problems understanding any posts by any of the posters except Harry, I get a little lost on that one. Mute is no problem and neither is 6T8. I cant stand that ur and Z instead of S's, its some train of thought I just dont get. Now that Ive said all that, I bet you really get pissed off about my long winded sentences, that never end, at least for awhile, because I feel the need to really explain how I fell about stuff before I let the end of my thought come. :-) So is it really anal retentive or anal stressed? =}:-0

I prefer reading posts that are at least somewhat spelled correctly and punctuated. I tend to take those posts more seriously. I have to say though that with Sixty8, his enthusiasm overcomes his sometimes hilarious spelling.

U as a word is spelt ;-0 - You U - R as two words is spelted = you are, as one word = you're The funky old music comming out of Chicago and NewOrleans 60-80 years ago was spelled = jazz, most other words use s's in plase of the Z plural meaning more than one is indicated by 's or es. ;-) Hope this helps U should have gone 2 school 2 learn this B 4 they let U out in D world. Edited by razoredge

The problem I see in a post that has absolutely no punctuation or grammar skill is that it appears to lack any kind of maturity to it. More often than not I find those type of posts displaying little more than the rants of an annoyed or excited person. They're about as entertaining and informative as listening to a pink-clad 14 year old trying to tell the story of the hot guy she bumped into on the street:

like omg he was so hot like i cant believe i was in the same space that very moment like i wish he would have asked me for my number i would have like written it to him on my shirt and like given it to him right there

Damn, I'm so naturally used to grammar skills and punctuation I had to actually work hard and making every error possible in the above statement. I literally had to delete commas and capitalized letters.

At the same time, my friend, a rather intellectual individual, is currently enrolled in med-school. He is extremely book smart in all matters of mathematics, physics, and chemistry; however, he wouldn't manage to write up a note for a to-do or grocery list if his life depended upon it. His writing is complete shite, forcing everybody to avoid having to communicate with him with notes or messages. His text messages are so incoherent and useless that I end up phoning him to ask just what the hell he meant. So there are very intelligent people out there that simply cannot be taken seriously when they can't do the one thing in simple communications that's likened to tying up a shoelace.

Very true. You think if I just started walking up to people shouting "What? Yeah! Okay!" and then told them I would stop for $1, they'd pay me? I figure I can make my money on volume, since a lot of people would pay a buck to not hear 'Lil John.