Lessons in punctuation

Satty

Now that Ive said all that, I bet you really get pissed off about my long winded sentences, that never end, at least for awhile, because I feel the need to really explain how I fell about stuff before I let the end of my thought come. :-)

[post="4602"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, I have no problem with really long-winded sentences at all, since they tend to pull the reader into whatever he or she might be reading, as they make the reader not want to stop in mid-sentence because he or she may miss out on a thought that could make the whole thing make sense, which it may not have before because all of the words running together without pause distracted them from receiving the message the author was trying to convey with his or her long-winded sentence that the reader was reading but not fully comprehending. I do however take serious issue with a complete lack of sentences because they come across as being uneducated, what can I say it is just something I've always done, for as long as I can remember I have dealt with people who ise poor grammar and they tend to not know what they are talking about because they spent more time masturbating than they did studying and they dont have a clue how to structure a sentence or how to get a coherent thought out, same goes for the internet, if it is just a bunch of lowercase letters thrown together, it looks sloppy and really appears to have been done by someone who doesn't know about the subject at hand.

• 1 month later...

I've noticed recently a rash of posters sixty8 who fail to properly punctuate, or use any punctuation at all.  It makes your posts verry difficult to read which increases the liklihood your posts will be skipped over.  First things first, the first letter of the first word of a sentence is capitalized, that means it is bigger, i.e. Y as compared to y.  At the end of a sentence, place a period or a question mark (looks like this--> ?) if your sentence is a question.  Its basic grammar, not too hard most people who aren't from Alabama have been doing it since 2nd grade.  Now please, it isn't too hard, so do it.

[post="4212"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

you misspelled "very" and "likelihood".

the first underlined passage uses a list of failures, with a split infinitive in the first clause and a missing infinitive in the second clause (should be "who fail to punctuate properly, or to use any punctuation at all", or something like that).

the second underlined passage should probably use a semicolon or a period.

and the third underlined passage should be: "It's basic grammar, not too hard. Most people who aren't from Alabama have been doing it since second grade."

but if this wasn't a post needlessly judging other people's language and grammar it would probably be a touch less obvious though. maybe. Edited by chris

I gave up long ago hoping that internet pricks would be correct in grammar and spelling (as well as things like capitalizing or not, which can be pretty anoying), but the least they could do is punctuate their sentences.