67impss

GM Enters New Turf With Premium Compact Buick

That's a perception more than reality..VW is doing well w/ diesels here, MB and BMW have them also. The automakers are denying us diesels based on outdated perceptions. I'd love to have a modern RWD V6 diesel sedan (a CTS or G8 diesel would have been fantastic).

Rob

I think that the Venturi 3.0L V6 and Baby Duramax with 6 speed manual and automatic would be ideal powertrains for zetas.

I think that the Venturi 3.0L V6 and Baby Duramax with 6 speed manual and automatic would be ideal powertrains for zetas.

I'd love to have a Camaro w/ a sloping hatchback roofline w/ a diesel w/ 6spd manual, awd, 10 inches of ground clearance, etc. A modern Eagle SX4 with muscle. Am I insane?

Rob

I think this is half true. It is also that the manufacturers do not want to spend dough to get the cars approved for our emissions standards. By blaming on the consumers they preempt salvos on themselves.

Now this is only half true.

The people who buy diesels are people who like and understand them. They are Euro car buyers and truck owners. THey know what they can do and do not have this off preception they are like the old Olds based engines or city bus engine of the past. The Olds engine did more damage to preception than anything.

The MFG's do not want to spend the money unless they are sure they will make back their investments. That is why GM spends money on Diesels for thier pick up trucks but not the cars. They know they will be able to move them.

Hell if they knew they would buy them we would be driving them already. They were too much of an investment when GM had little money to take the chance.

I am not anti Diesel by anymeans but even I was still shocked how fast and quiet the Audi ALMS cars were on the track. I expected loud and smokey but they were so quiet I could hear the air on the wings as they went by.

General acceptance of a Diesel in this country in small cars would be a big help to the industry. In fact I wish they had made a small diesel for the Volt an option. The only issue there is old fuel in the tank if it went unused for long.

I'd love to have a Camaro w/ a sloping hatchback roofline w/ a diesel w/ 6spd manual, awd, 10 inches of ground clearance, etc. A modern Eagle SX4 with muscle. Am I insane?

Rob

No we like the word disturbed better. LOL!

You know good and well the US doesn't like diesels.

What are you basing that on? VW is doing pretty good with their diesels, and they always have better resale value than their gas versions of the same car. Who else has offered a diesel in a car besides luxury brands in the past 10 years? Whats not to like about V6 power and better than 40mpg? It sounds a lot more appealing than a hybrid with 0-60 times of 11 seconds to get the same 40mpg.

I'd love to have modern Eagle SX4 with muscle. Am I insane?

Rob

+1

In fact I'd love to have an entire modernized Eagle line. Light, compact, 4WD, availible as a sedan, coupe, convertible, hatchback, wagon, heck even a light pickup, with a whole range of engines from a fuel-sipping turbo I4 to a ground pounding V8.

What was this thread about again? Oh yeah, premium compact Buick. That would be a good thing.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook