Ceasar Augustus Drove A...

ocnblu

An all "original" 1980 Camaro Z-28 in red & gold with 46k miles in a driveway closer to the beach, with a For Sale sign and a few of those highlights on the front window. Looks like a new old car. No idea about price, but I assume not pennies.

There are at least two '80s B-body Caprices at my office, saw both in the lot at the same time today, parked side by side...a very clean lt yellow w/ tan interior '81-85 Caprice 2dr, very clean and an '87-90 4dr--white w/ blue interior, very clean also. Nice to see boxy '80s cars amidst contemporary generica. They look huge.

Also saw a derelict '87-88 Cutlass Supreme coupe, in prime C4C condition--a goldish tan, faded/oxidized, with half the grille missing, the left headlight housing bent down, bent front bumper, shredded 1/2 vinyl top, a rolling wreck.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Seeing lots of imports around here in the Cash 4 Clunkers thing. Ford dealer nearest to me has two lexus, the Pick and Pull has a CFC Lexus that is clean and nice (or was rather) the Local Honda dealer has two Lexus in the CFC line, Toyota dealer has a Lexus in the CFC line, 4 or 5 Toyota trucks in the CFC line at a Chevy dealer in Cincy.

Also in the CFC lines...a nice maroon Aurora, clean, very low miles and sweet...sad.

A nice 97ish Mustang GT.

A Red Benz wagon of some sort. (when was the last time you saw a Red Benz wagon?)

A trashed Iroc with T tops. Would have been a parts car even without C F C.

Chris

Red G8 V6, brand new temp tag red G8 GT, black G8, and an orange G8 on my way from home to Bethlehem yesterday--that never happens and I never see one, let alone 4+.

Also, on the way home, was on I-95 with a new '10 black Mazda CX-7. I didn't think they were out yet, given the blog chat/pic post of the new nose, but it clearly had a different snoze and was brand new, all shiny black and chrome, and looked really sharp.

Saw a strange black motor scooter parked w/ some motorcycles in front of my office today. Don't know what it is, but it has 3 wheels--two in the front, maybe 4 inches apart. 2 headlights, close together. Unidentifiable badge, no name in script or numbers.

I dunno what it was, circa '33-34 4-dr sedan, waterfall grill, black, exc, parked.

'63 Cadillac Series 62 convert, bright red, gorgeous, rolling slow.

'66 Mustang hardtop coupe, silver, decent, parked in service garage.

'68 Buick Skylark 2-dr hardtop, primer grey & black but all there, rolling.

'70 Cadillac Eldorado hardtop, all white (steel roof), '8.2 Litre' grille badge, very nice exc it wore WWWs, rolling.

So here's a few pictures of what I saw the other night.

Dodge Viper SRT/10

100_3660.jpg

BMW M3

100_3665.jpg

1997 Acura NSX (I'm in the passenger seat)

100_3666.jpg

Ford GT

100_3651.jpg

Same Ford GT after a few hot laps (had steam coming out of engine, not good)

100_3677.jpg

This was a cool event. My wife won a ride along through her school, so she gave it to me. There were a whole bunch of guys there with there cars running them the way they were intended, around a race track as fas as they could.

This is me gettting ready to go

100_3646.jpg

This is the piece d'resistance. A 2010 Porsche GT3. This was the first night the owner had it out on the track. He passed us like we were standing still, and almost lapped us after about 5 laps.

100_3680.jpg

There were also several 911's, some Caymens, there were 2 Ford GT's, one painted like the original GT40's, a Ferrari 360, a Miata, an RX-7. All around it was a very interesting night. I also learned that I will never be able to race cars as I got very ill after about 10 laps.

Shootin' through the lots today. Some observations: I like the Audi Q5, with its small body and hunkered-down, ready-to-pounce stance. I swear the Audis in general are looking cooler than BMWs these days, RWD notwithstanding. Ford dealer has several 2010 Foci, one in a weird new color called "Natural Neutral", I believe, kind of a greenish, yellowish, dude, I don't even know. The 2010 Fusion is still cool, sporty. Denim Edition Kia Soul... eh, I didn't like the white wheels and mirrors. Chevy dealer has a whole row of 2010 Malibus, including the new Mocha brown colour. One 2010 Equinox, an LTZ in red that appears to be either a demo or a *gasp* trade-in, dirty but with no plate. They have more Silverados than they did last time I checked... no Colorados. Yellow Camaro with black stripes, parked inside the shop, prolly a sold order. Snazzy, but I kind of wish the yellow were a little paler, less intense... more like Butternut from the 60's. Dodge dealer has a sweet Stone White Ram SLT Hemi reg cab shortbed 4X4, I am in love with it except for the 13/18 mileage ratings. MSRP $30k, marked down to $24k. Light blue Challenger R/T with the black side stripes and the polished, retro Torquethrust-style rims. Drool.

Sad, late-model maple red Parisienne (with the Bonneville rear half) in what appeared to be great shape except for Pep Boys wheel covers, in the C4C group at "my" old PBG/Honda/Acura dealership. I wanted to use my laser to cut the chainlink fence and rescue it, but the batteries were dead.

Edited by ocnblu

Got to check out a new red '10 Lacrosse CXL at "my" dealer in Jersey yesterday, after I stopped on my way back from Roger's to have 2 recall reflashes done on 'ole G8. I pulled in and saw it on the corner...had to see more. They happily threw me the key and said "have at it".

Gorgeous car and, of the "new" GM, just stunning in detail and quality. The fact that I had the new flipkey (that all will now have in GM, as models are renewed) in my hand and curiously touched the colored spot on the door handle and it unlocked says a lot about how different this car (and other new releases) is. Not a crooked piece, weird gap, bad material, anything in site, and it just oozes premium and luxury. The center console when sitting up front does seem overpowering and high at first, because it's so different than most cars, but you get used to it and it definitely is a big part of the style inside. Buttery leather, glossy real'ish wood placed appropriately, chrome, soft touch everything, fully upholstered and stitched dash and doors, etc., etc. and lovely swooping lines outside. I wanted it.

Image00008.jpg

Image00001.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Image00006.jpg

I'll have to post a more detailed review and more pictures elsewhere, sometime.

Edited by caddycruiser

Saw an orange HHR today on the freeway--sort of a 'hybrid'--a panel but w/ the regular side doors. Are they an option on the panel?

Saw not one but two '93-96 Fleetwoods in the last day---one last night in traffic--think it was black, and a silver blue one on the freeway this morning....looked to be in great shape. Made me think of the thread going on in the lounge.

Rob

MWAHAHAHAHAHA...

I saw a mid-90s Subaru wagon as I was on I-80 in the lower Sierra foothills Saturday. I was looking for the driver. I COULDN'T SEE the driver, initially. Wait, the steering wheel and the driver were on the PASSENGER SIDE. In ambulance (reverse) style, the words U.S. Mail were etched on the front of the hood.

I couldn't take a picture while driving.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA...

I saw a mid-90s Subaru wagon as I was on I-80 in the lower Sierra foothills Saturday. I was looking for the driver. I COULDN'T SEE the driver, initially. Wait, the steering wheel and the driver were on the PASSENGER SIDE. In ambulance (reverse) style, the words U.S. Mail were etched on the front of the hood.

I couldn't take a picture while driving.

I've seen a few of those..they used 'em in rural areas...seen them outside Colorado ski towns (along w/ RHD XJ Cherokees) and in Ohio...

R-Cube

At lunch I often eat at an old fashioned diner called Carl's Town House, which was part of the 1939 world fair before it was moved to Ohio. It has been a resteraunt in Chillicothe ever since.

Was sitting there at Lunch and a black Camaro SS with white stripes pulled up and parked. And then a Cadillac Fleetwood (I think like Roger/GMCTG74's car) in white with a black top pulled up right next to it. Kind of neat looking out at those two cars, sitting in the diner...

And then once I was done with lunch I ran my first service call...saw a beautiful red and black Jag E type (early type) and a nice 68 Mustang ragtop, also red and black.

Chris

At lunch I often eat at an old fashioned diner called Carl's Town House, which was part of the 1939 world fair before it was moved to Ohio. It has been a resteraunt in Chillicothe ever since.

Was sitting there at Lunch and a black Camaro SS with white stripes pulled up and parked. And then a Cadillac Fleetwood (I think like Roger/GMCTG74's car) in white with a black top pulled up right next to it. Kind of neat looking out at those two cars, sitting in the diner...

And then once I was done with lunch I ran my first service call...saw a beautiful red and black Jag E type (early type) and a nice 68 Mustang ragtop, also red and black.

Chris

Where's the restaurant in Chilli? I hunt Tar Hollow for the last 25 yrs.

theres an auto shop on the way to work. he always has something cool out front whether it be an old truck, 71 camaro, 3rd gen monte, 65 malibu and just yesterday there was this

downsize-1.jpg

on my supper break i encountered this

downsize.jpg

and the best one today was a souvenir trailer for joe gibbs who pushes toyotas these days. its good to know that when he needs hauling done he still fronts the trailer with A 3500 HD CHEVY BABY!!!! heheheh. guess his tundra HD is in the shop.

Where's the restaurant in Chilli? I hunt Tar Hollow for the last 25 yrs.

West Second Street. Tell Mike, Angie, Erica, and the gang I said hi if you go.

Chris

Visiting my parents in North Carolina, and we just took a drive on the blue ridge parkway.

Saw 4 really interesting and really different cars. Pristine, amazingly well restored and modded black advance design Chevy truck (49-55), a pristine, beautiful, and stock original 1970 240Z, what was obviously a very high dollar resto on a "king Cobra" Mustang II (go figure, but a nice looking resto job!) and a 65 Riviera that was a very well done rat rod.

Also, nice to be driving through the south where pick up trucks are sweetly detailed, clean, and waiting in line for a new owner on dealer lots rather than rusted, abused, and sitting in the CFC line like they are in Ohio.

Also drove around town with my mother in my Miata, followed an older couple in a C5 Vette ragtop. Gotta get a vette someday...

Chris

Yesterday I saw two car haulers on the freeway with two sets of new-for-2010 cars, cars from different worlds and philosophies. One had a 1/2 dozen '10 Camaros in a rainbow of fruit colors, and the other 8 '10 Kia Souls, similarly colorful. Fascinating.