NOS2006

Pontiac Fiero GT

40 posts in this topic

Wow, you've um...made a Corvette with a Diabloish ass. Change the lights, thats just so 80's GM parts sharing there. Are you better than GM in the 80's NOS?

Only post I took into consideration when doing this was BV's. Your smoothing out angles post made no sense to me...

The wheels aren't perfect, but yes.... You are the first person in the 1 3/4 year that I've been a member here to make a Fiero that I truly love. Thank you for ending that long wait... Thank you so much. Excellent job, NOS. :D

The wheels suck ass. I can't get 'em to work. :angry: But I'm SO overjoyed to make this kid happy. How long it's taken us all. Damn, I broke it. I think I took his Fiero virginity. Ooooh wee! lol

Overall design: A C6 headlights: F- C'mon NOS... even the Solstice's lights or ones off the Grand Am would have been better. I would not be dead set against pop ups in this rare exception. But to graft C6 headlights just doesn't work. Kind of part-bimn sharing in the saddest way possible. Edited by Sixty8panther

Also, I can't help but think how awesome this would look as a Fiero... Split the intake, integrate the side reflectors into a character line, tone down and smooth the side scoops, change the spoiler to a less racy/ricy one, put GXP-like wheels on it, and of course put the Fiero badge on it. If you could do that... I'd love you even more. biggrin.gif wink.gif

soory i meant just this, not smoothing out the angles

Yeah, yeah. I've been ragged on at GMI for not switching the headlights. I'll figure something out...

Sixty8... This was my idea and I say those headlights are fine. Besides, its just a chop. If it were for production, do you really think it would have Corvette headlights and a modified Corvette body? No.. Don't think so... Besides, the Solstice headlights would look terrible on this... as would the Grand Am's... Edited by blackviper8891

No, no. The twin kidneys are way too concealed. Make it more obvious that it's a Pontiac. At least put the Arrowhead on, and relocate the Fiero crest to the C-Pillar.

Toni... The original Fiero had the arrowhead on the C-pillar and the crest on the front... So it's fine. :D ;) And Mute... I wasn't argueing. And no offense, but your getting annoying...

Designs have to evolve. I'd rather they have more family resemblance. I don't know, just a thought. It's all about opinions here, isn't it?

i second that bv, i dont post often but i will admit that mute is really gettin on my nerves, not to start anything but he reminds me of my friend's kid brother

Toni... Well, the Fiero never had much of a family resemblance. Besides the common "boy-racer" add-ons, wheels, and the taillights... it was about as Pontiac as the Corvette of the time. Put a spoiler, some cladding, Pontiac wheels, and full-length taillights with black overlays on the Corvette and it would fit right in sitting beside the Fiero. And... the grill on NOS's concept is just as prominant as the original.. if not more. Anyways, I am the Fiero fanatic here... Only my opinion counts. :D J/K ;) Edited by blackviper8891

i second that bv, i dont post often but i will admit that mute is really gettin on my nerves, not to start anything but he reminds me of my friend's kid brother

[post="4669"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You're joking, right?
How am I getting on your nerves, if not?
I apologize, but I'd still like to know how?

BV I didn't say you were; I was agreeing with you.
I was saying that i understanf your point of view.
I noticed by the way its read without PUNCTUATION that it was misconstrued.
I was agreeing with you about the headlights and then saying , also in agreement, that you were right to say that people should accept your chops headlights

I am really confused? Edited by mute

the Fiero never had much of a family resemblance. Besides the common "boy-racer" add-ons, wheels, and the taillights... it was about as Pontiac as the Corvette of the time.

[post="4703"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

BV....PBQ.

The Fiero looked VERY Pontiac to me...felt a lot like the Firebird...and the 88 Grand Prix coupe followed the Fiero's feel...

Posted Image

Perfect yet, BV? :)

[post="4252"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Beyond the obvuious Corvette headlights, and the "GT" badge (gotta go gotta go), I dig it.

Pontiac definitely nees a straight-up exotic in its stable.

I can't believe folks allowed BV to matter that much...he hasn't even lived thru that much Pontiac history. Disclaimer: It's a joke, y'all, lighten up...

BV: then why even bother chopping it if you just slightly modify the front end of a C6... all I can think of looking at it is how this makes the 04 GTO look like a '69 Judge. (very original)

Wiht more unique lights it would look far better IMHO. Here's a chop I did up to demonstrate what I'm talking about. I'm not trying to offend, hope you don't mind NOS but I tweeked the nose, sides scoop, removed the wing, reworked the kidneys and foglights and used different mirrors. (C5) The headlights are modified BMW 5-er. Also I removed the filler cap door as its location was absurd... (this is a mid engined car either the gas tank is up front like a 911 or way in the back like most exotics)

Posted Image Edited by Sixty8panther

Oh my... :blink: Still, this chop was done to please me. Me, not you. It's not perfect, but it is the first out of many, many, many, MANY tries that I actually like entirely. The first in the 1 3/4 year I've been a member here. So why are you making such a big deal out of the headlights if it was done for me? They look much better than anything else, especially Bimmer ones... Sorry to put it that way, but damn, man. Edited by blackviper8891

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead