Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

TCC: Obama And The DOE Award $2.4 Billion In Battery Grants

5 posts in this topic

doe-battery-grant-recipients_100225929_t Yesterday, President Obama announced $2.4 billion in technology grants to car companies, battery makers, universities, and research facilities across the U.S. During his speech in Elkhart, Indiana, the president stressed the importance of battery development as a way of reviving America's manufacturing sector and reducing the country's ..

di
di

TheCarConnection?i=_oIeZ-29SQ4:WjHQdZAUf TheCarConnection?d=qj6IDK7rITs TheCarConnection?i=_oIeZ-29SQ4:WjHQdZAUf TheCarConnection?d=TzevzKxY174 TheCarConnection?d=7Q72WNTAKBA
_oIeZ-29SQ4

View the full article

And the printing of money continues...

At least this is something I can believe in. My problem with it is this: Why did we just waste a BILLION buying and destroying working cars and subsidies for car sales when the money is better spent on projects like this that last. The rebound we are seeing from the cash for clunkers deal is going to be small and could possibly make things worse...we will have to wait and see.

there was an opinion in my local paper today... effectively the DOE has not dented what it's original purpose was to do, reduce foreign oil dependence. Carter's administration's abomination has been big money hole over these years... and this money will not help either 32 years of this existing and what has it yielded? just hampering on getting off coal because of the NRC and tons of money spent on ethanol, and now this...

Well, I disagree with the Neo-Marxist Obama regime on just about everything -- from Cap'n'tax, to healthcare, to immigration, to spending, education, to racist supreme court appointments, to income redistribution -- but this is at least a better application of money than collectivising healthcare or bailing out people who made irresponsible financial decisions.

Lithium Iron Phosphate is promising. Even though specific energy density is a little lower than contemporary "mainstream" lithium ion (Lithium Cobalt Oxide), cycle endurance, thermal performance and static longevity are notably better. These are much more important for automotive uses. Maybe we'll actually get an American company making commercially viable Iron Phosphate batteries out of this.

Well, I disagree with the Neo-Marxist Obama regime on just about everything -- from Cap'n'tax, to healthcare, to immigration, to spending, education, to racist supreme court appointments, to income redistribution -- but this is at least a better application of money than collectivising healthcare or bailing out people who made irresponsible financial decisions.

Lithium Iron Phosphate is promising. Even though specific energy density is a little lower than contemporary "mainstream" lithium ion (Lithium Cobalt Oxide), cycle endurance, thermal performance and static longevity are notably better. These are much more important for automotive uses. Maybe we'll actually get an American company making commercially viable Iron Phosphate batteries out of this.

Well said. Let me add that WE the people who are funding this, just as we had the DOE under Carter 32 years ago...WE NEED TO MAKE THESE PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE. SHOW US WHERE OUR MONEY HAS GONE AND GIVE US A RETURN ON OUR INVESTMENT OR YOU ARE GONE!

I hate politicians.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room