Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Buick teases baby Enclave, promises 2011 plug-in hybrid version

2 posts in this topic

Filed under: Crossover, Buick, GM, Alternative Fuel

enclave_cross_phev.jpg

Bob Lutz has gone on record worrying about Buick's advertising campaign, arguing that the messaging doesn't say the right things to the right people. If only Buick had been advertising this instead: a five-passenger "Baby Enclave" CUV that is coming next year, followed by a plug-in hybrid version in 2011.

General Motors expects the plug-in hybrid "to be the first commercially available plug-in hybrid SUV produced by a major automaker," and it looks like they don't plan on any shortcuts with it. The gas-electric Buick will use LG Chem li-ion batteries juicing up a reworked version of GM's 2-Mode hybrid drivetrain, and can be recharged in four to five hours.

But until that gets here you'll have to make do with the full-boat gasoline-powered Enclave. Those who don't need that much space but are keen on owning a Buick would be well advised to wait for the forthcoming Saturn Vue-based model, which will arrive with a 2.4-liter Ecotec four-cylinder engine that is expected to get 30 mpg on the highway, and there will also be a 3.0-liter V6 version as well. You can read all about the new model in the press release after the jump.

[source: General Motors]

Continue reading Buick teases baby Enclave, promises 2011 plug-in hybrid version

Buick teases baby Enclave, promises 2011 plug-in hybrid version originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 06 Aug 2009 11:05:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=0Ype4tQOnfw:VjyQ9IhDDOU:wF9xT autoblog?i=0Ype4tQOnfw:VjyQ9IhDDOU:V_sGL
0Ype4tQOnfw

View the full article

I thought Fritz didn't like rebadging. Funny how a Vue with a Buick grille is something different apparently... F'ing hypocrites.