Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Jalopnik: Lexus To Unveil Hatch Concept At Frankfurt Show [Concept Cars]

7 posts in this topic

504x_Lexus_Hatch_Concept.jpgLexus will be tossing water on its boring image with a stylish, Corolla-based five door hybrid hatchback concept. It'll preview a 2011 model year competitor for the Audi A3. Despite the hybridization and low-priced roots, it kinda looks interesting.

504x_Lexus_Hatch_2.jpgWe're a little leery of the Corolla underpinnings on what looks to aim for the grown-up hot hatch market, but it sounds like Lexus might finally be putting forward an offering for a slightly younger market. The as-yet unnamed five door hatch concept will debut at Frankfurt with the production version coming along at the Geneva Motor Show in 2010. The car will get a four cylinder in base trim and the 187 HP 2.4-liter hybrid powertrain out of the Lexus HS250h for the top-of-the-line model. If the performance is in any way backed by the looks, Lexus might finally have an entry that'll sell to the under-40 crowd. [Edmunds Straightline]

di
di

full?d=H0mrP-F8Qgo full?d=yIl2AUoC8zA full?i=tf2Fxuq_quo:7dQSuzmOafA:D7DqB2pKE full?i=tf2Fxuq_quo:7dQSuzmOafA:V_sGLiPBp
tf2Fxuq_quo

View the full article

looks like a smaller venza...the front looks ugly, the rear looks kinda ugly... the side of it looks kinda good though.

Lots of RX in the rear quarter windows/C-pillar.

I actually think that the design works on a car of this size. The fron 3/4 looks quite attractive. That rear 3/4 not so much though....

I actually like the front and the sides, but the rear looks too flat...like it got rear ended.

It's the death of "Japanese Luxury!" It's good to see Toyota messing up again.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0