Sign in to follow this  
NewsFeeder

Motor Authority: Texas tuner building turbocharged Camaro to topple Nissan's GT-R Nurburgring lap time

6 posts in this topic

NewsFeeder    9

2010_camaro_lt_yellow_main_630-0324-350x

A performance vehicle tuner based in Texas is stirring up some controversy, with claims that the now renowned Nissan GT-R supercar "wasn't running street tires at the 'Ring". On top of this, the turning firm, East Texas Muscle Cars, is going further by declaring that it will be developing a new street-legal turbocharged 2010 Chevrolet Camaro that will be able to beat the GT-R's Nurburgring time, and on street tires at that.The goal is a lofty one for East Texas Muscle Cars as the Nissan GT-R's current time around the 'Ring is a blistering 7:26.70 - quicker than the considerably more expensive Porsche Carrera GT supercar.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Official Photos

2010_camaro_official_reveal_motorauthori 2010_camaro_official_reveal_motorauthori 2010_camaro_official_reveal_motorauthori 2010_camaro_official_reveal_motorauthori 2010_camaro_official_reveal_motorauthori

Read more

View the full article

cletus8269    69

i cant understand that either. all through high school when i was either in my impala or in my SS454, both pretty much stock, i always had people wanting to race me.

100_4488.JPG

rear-custom-integra.jpg

Image472.jpg

2004_Toyota_Celica-19in_black_spin_out.j

truckpic.JPG

69impy.jpg

Camino LS6    866

It's the "street legal" part of it that makes a difference. That, and a cost comparison.

No surprise though, Chevy V8s have always been very "tuneable" for power.

How does trying to beat an almost-stock GT-R with an very highly modified car mean anything?

Not much. It would be way more compelling if it were a factory effort, IMHO. I'd love to see a GM-built Camaro ZR1.

Rob

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this