Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: What is 230? GM knows, but isn't say...

22 posts in this topic

Filed under: Marketing/Advertising, GM

whatis230_1.jpg

The graphic above has been appearing all over the place -- television, billboards, elevators, baseball games, even people's shirts. It has a blog, Flickr and Facebook pages, and a YouTube channel. What it doesn't have is an explanation. Ad Age lined up the perps behind the online assets and discovered they all have a GM connection, and GM has a news conference scheduled for August 11.

The question is what that news conference will be about and how will the number 230 factor into it? Guesses so far range from the Buick PHEV announced yesterday (doubtful) to the Chevy Volt's mpg number (uhh, no) to, oddly enough, the Aptera. Feel free to add your own guess to the mix in the comments below... or to wait until next Tuesday for the 230 wizard to speak.

[source: Ad Age]

What is 230? GM knows, but isn't say... originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 07 Aug 2009 16:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=9-_kSb14vhY:rf0bXTE8GII:wF9xT autoblog?i=9-_kSb14vhY:rf0bXTE8GII:V_sGL
9-_kSb14vhY

View the full article

What is the number of customers GM loses on a monthly basis?

In all serious, it's just more hype for the Volt.

Maybe the Volt uses 230 volts? Sounds like voltage amount to me. And some announcement is coming on 8/11?

What is the number of customers GM loses on a hourly basis?

In all serious, it's just more hype for the Volt.

Fixed

Yes it is more Volt hype or possibly Buick plugin announcement.

Volt. GM isn't going to make this big of a deal for an un-named, unrevealed Buick when it has to market the Volt to save its ass.

I'm gonna go with Volt hype, maybe how many years until it's available to the consumer. :P

Volt hype, but no doubt the press conference news will be a downer and not live up to the hype.

New battery break through that will jump the Volt from 50 Miles on a battery to 230 miles.

Hey we can dream can't we?

My real guess will be 230 min to charge the batteries?

Edited by hyperv6

Overall range?

Nah, has to be more significant than that.

$230/month for 174 months? Maybe GM is going to announce the first bribe to get buyers into a Volt 6 years before it hits lots.

Maybe the Volt uses 230 volts? Sounds like voltage amount to me. And some announcement is coming on 8/11?

I agree with this. It was already announced that the Volt would have a 220~240V quick charger that would be installed in one's garage.

An advertising campaign for something I can pick up at Harbor Freight tomorrow for less than $40,000?

Edited by Satty

Is it 230 or 23?

As in, "the Volt will have an official battery-only range of 23 miles."

Edited by aaaantoine

Perhaps they have been working on the electric-only Volt, and it'll have a 230 mile range?

Maybe the Volt will be available March 28th, 2010, which is 230 days from August 11th.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......thats the least likely option out there.

It's obviously the number cubic centimeters in the glove compartment.

Edited by mustang84

Alright, someone on Google Finance claims to have heard from a GM insider than the 230 represents the mpg the Volt will get. This guy has been pretty credible in past posts related to stocks, but 230 mpg seems just a wee bit out of the ballpark. I'm thinking his source is pulling his leg.

Alright, someone on Google Finance claims to have heard from a GM insider than the 230 represents the mpg the Volt will get. This guy has been pretty credible in past posts related to stocks, but 230 mpg seems just a wee bit out of the ballpark. I'm thinking his source is pulling his leg.

I heard in the past that's what the equivalent mileage of a gas powered car would have to be in cost compared to Volt on battery only

dunno but it was all you could see from the pitcher's view camera on the boston detroit game.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0