New meaning for "saddle bags"

Croc

And the best part for me: how do you carry a change of clothes in those? Gym shoes? There are many advantages to having a big, amorphous zippered pouch.

This thing is just a laaaaaaaaame double messenger bag.

Edited by Croc

rather be seen with that than those rolling back packs that were huge when i worked at office depot. we even had some with wheels that had lights that blinked. people brought them back for exchanges when the lights quit working... i mean come on...

Wow, that just looks pointless, not to mention ridiculous. Plus, most backpack problems are caused by people not wearing them properly, or just carrying too much crap, both which can be fixed pretty easily.

And yeah, rollers likely still out-dork this.

Edited by TheCaptain

For me, the weight of a backpack was only an issue in high school. There was far too little time and too much distance to walk between classes to go to your locker and get things, so people, myself included, just packed everything into the backpack. In college, since there's only 2-3 classes a day, it was never heavy.

In HS, I just carried everything from the locker to class and back. Backpack was generally reserved for the end of the day and maybe during lunch. Then again, I did all my homework during school the day it was due.

I never carried a backpack and I never used a locker. I would always use the spare textbooks in the class room and turned the ones assigned to me back in at the end of the year. As for homework in the textbook, I would either do what I could the last ten minutes of class and the first ten minutes of class the next day, copy it if I didn't feel like giving a f@#k, or just not do it at all.

Honor student this.

In HS, I just carried everything from the locker to class and back. Backpack was generally reserved for the end of the day and maybe during lunch. Then again, I did all my homework during school the day it was due.

Haha, I did homework sometimes the day off as well, but more often then not there simply wasn't time to do such a thing, so I did it the night before. Now when I say night before, this includes week long projects and such.

In college where there was more time and more relaxed classes....yeah I did homework last minute more often.

Only my last semester, where we had a semester long senior studio project that would determine whether or not you graduated did I do all my work on diligently and on time, and even then I just barely go it finished.

The first year of college I bought all my books new from the store. I was young, naive. :P

After that, I would either buy them used online, my friend and I would split the cost and share the books, and by 2nd semester Junior year we didn't buy any books at all.

What we would do is go to the library, and use his camera to take photos of the pages we needed. :lol:

I always had my study halls fall towards the end of the day, so my homework had to be done the night before. We never actually studied in study hall either (I was in band study hall and it was basically 50 minutes of screwing around), so of course nothing got done during the day.

So you were an asshole in high school. Least shocking development ever.

Wow, you sure got me fgured out... :rolleyes:

Wow, you sure got me fgured out... :rolleyes:

Fer sher.

:rotflmao:

-- -- -- -- --

Don't you 2 go getting your LL Bean undies in a snit - tho it read that way, by "we" I meant a certain contingency of my HS, but I was not one of them. This was also a very different time than the touchy-feely '00s when you two were in HS.

I didn't create it- I was just there.

Lighten up, dudes; HS is over! :cheers:

I saw the word Oregon and was immediately turned off. I can't believe it's adjacent to California and such a freak show. And, no, Oregonians, it's the Californians that are WAAAYYY more normal.

Never had much LL Bean product (though my folks always got the catalogs)...I was more of an Eddie Bauer fan in the big 80s as far as bags, etc went.

It seems that Eddie Bauer (now under bankruptcy protection) aligns more with the West and LL Bean aligns more with the East. After all, they're based in Seattle and Freeport, Maine, respectively. I only buy clothes from these places...and very infrequently, at that. I actually went to Freeport, Maine when I visited Boston in the late 90s. I bought some decent things for good prices. It's a nice little town, but there were TOO MANY Subarus...and, ahem...their drivers.

It seems that Eddie Bauer (now under bankruptcy protection) aligns more with the West and LL Bean aligns more with the East. After all, they're based in Seattle and Freeport, Maine, respectively. I only buy clothes from these places...and very infrequently, at that. I actually went to Freeport, Maine when I visited Boston in the late 90s. I bought some decent things for good prices. It's a nice little town, but there were TOO MANY Subarus...and, ahem...their drivers.

Subaru drivers into the outdoorsy stuff seemed to be into LL Bean in the past.

Though the outdoorsy Subaru (and SUV) fans in Colorado seem to be heavily into The North Face and Columbia clothes and gear, both those brands are quite popular there... I've had a couple Columbia jackets..

Rob

Subaru: The latest KD Lang disc comes as standard equipment.

That's kind of a PNW thing, AFAIK... in Colorado, Outbacks and Foresters are mainstream family wagons for outdoorsy folks that don't want the bulk of an SUV.

Back 30+ years ago, I've that the NE and Colorado is where Subaru first caught on.

Rob

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar