Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Variance

Chip Foose Mustang "Stallion" Debuts at Detroit...

8 posts in this topic

Link: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=107009

BIRMINGHAM, Mich. — The host of TLC's Overhaulin' and cohorts have designed an incredible limited-edition 2006 Ford Mustang, which was debuted at a car cruise in this near-Detroit suburb.

Chip Foose of Foose Design collaborated with Dallas-based Unique Performance on the pumped-up "Stallion." Unique is working with Ford to design and build a supercharger for it.

"Stallion combines Chip's cool, avant-garde styling with our muscle car expertise to create the ultimate, limited-production street machine," said Doug Hasty, president and CEO of Unique Performance.

Performance mods include custom Foose-designed 20-inch wheels, Baer Brakes four-piston front brakes and Eibach springs.

Foose badging replaces the Mustang emblem on the custom grillework.

The 2006 Ford Mustang Stallion goes on sale this fall at 85 Ford dealers, priced in the neighborhood of $38,000 to $41,000. Production will be capped at only 3,000 per year.

"I've always dreamed of creating a limited edition streetcar," Foose said. "Ford's Mustang is an extraordinary platform for a custom muscle car. We wanted to stay true to what makes the Mustang special but, to create a distinctive new look, we revised the styling cues to include a custom front grille and hood, new front and rear fascias, added some discreet scoops and lowered the stance."

What this means to you: Customizing is coming back in a big way, driven in no small part by the growing popularity of cable television shows.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I like how Chip foose doesn't make cars look outrageous or wacky. On Overhauling TV show, the car look great and are workmanship is quality.

[post="4457"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Indeed. His designs are usually very clean and restrained. I respect that.

If this car amounts to just a paint & tire package, though, I'd be dissapointed. It would just be another "Elanor" wannabe, without the power to back it up.

Foose is my hero. . . not only can he design everything so perfect, but he can do it all with his own hands. :bowdown:

Foose is a god...he can make anything look great and perform great...(I think he lives down my street quite a ways...my street goes pretty far and eventually turns into th e cnayon road known as decker canyon...it's a crazy twisty road and there is a street off of it called Foose rd. or something...his house is off of there I believe and he tests his wheels on decker also I believe...)

Chip is an amazing auto genius, I love his designs and I am overjoyed he got his hands on one of the new stangs' Now we know who to call for the next Camaro special edition . . .

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room