Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: REPORT: Acura considering TSX wagon for the U.S.

10 posts in this topic

Filed under: Performance, Wagon, Japan, Acura, Luxury

honda-accord-euro-2009-620op.jpg

Conventional wisdom says that you can't sell station wagons in the States, but that type of thinking is so 2002. Back then, why would a manufacturer sell a low profit-margin wagon when they could instead sell you an all-profit SUV? Two kids under the age of six? You need a Denali. These days, now that SUVs have largely been exposed for what they always were -- rarely necessary -- station wagons are making a lot more sense. Take for instance the coming real soon Cadillac CTS SportWagon (and the possibly/maybe we-can't-believe-it's-actually-going-to-happen CTS-V SportWagon).

And why not an Acura wagon, specifically a TSX five-door? According to our broheims at Car and Driver, Acura is close to giving the TSX Wagon the green light. Think about the market for a moment. Audi sells lots of wagons, BMW has the both the 3 and 5 Series wagons, Mercedes-Benz has the C-Class wagons and now Caddy has the CTS Wagon. What's missing? Japanese luxury wagons. Until now, the Infiniti and Lexus (and Acura) have been putting all of their eggs in the luxury CUV segment. But if Chrysler and GM's bankruptcies have taught us anything, it's ABD -- Always Be Diversifying. Now we just have to see if Acura pulls the trigger.

[source: Car & Driver]

REPORT: Acura considering TSX wagon for the U.S. originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 10 Aug 2009 19:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=6Q8pyxDaV1A:p7HxIpwoZno:wF9xT autoblog?i=6Q8pyxDaV1A:p7HxIpwoZno:V_sGL
6Q8pyxDaV1A

View the full article

Yes!! I hope this is true. The wagon is much nicer looking than the sedan. Now it just needs AWD and I might switch back to Acura (3.5L V6, AWD, and a Honda gearbox!). Driving my Integra the other day and I realized that the shifter is so very nice compared to anything else I've ever driven (including my Audi). I've been spoiled all these years.

For a second there I thought autoblog stole my TSX wagon photochop I posted on a few different forums a while back. But looking closer and mine is better, hehe. ;-]

acuratsxwagon.jpg

Hmm... take a car they screwed up and now offer it in wagon form. Okay.

Yay. I'm all for big wagons. It would be even nicer if they sold us a diesel version, but so far, only the Germans seem interested.

Well, it's less ugly than the sedan... but lipstick on a bulldog doesn't really improve the overall impression the thing makes on me.

I think it's hot.

With TSX V6 wheels (needs the lip kit though).

acuratsxwagon-2.jpg

I wish Buick would sell the Insignia wagon. But instead it will sell the Vue.

I wish Buick would sell the Insignia wagon. But instead it will sell the Vue.

Yeah, the Insignia wagon would make a sharp Regal SportWagon (bring back an old Buick name). The hatchback would be great to see also..

Rob

I really like wagons so I'm always open to the idea, but I don't think many people share my enthusiasm.

looks decent, I don't even mind the shield grill on this car.