Do you like the new LaCrosse/Allure?

trinacriabob

What do you think of the new LaCrosse/Allure?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new LaCrosse/Allure?

• I love it - blows 05-09 LaX away
    • I like it - better than 05-09 LaX
    • I like it - though not necessarily more than 05-09 Lax
    • I am indifferent to it/undecided toward it
    • I don't like it - but don't like 05-09 LaX either
    • I don't like it - but do like 05-09 LaX
    • Other - comment/explain

I am very indifferent on the exterior. It's as if Buick gave up and copied all the other manufacturers such as Lexus, Infinity, Toyota etc with the bloated squinty window look with mislocated chrome strip on the bottom doors and the "we really didn't want to put those port holes on this car" so we hid them on the hood from the side view. I do like the front view of the car however. The rear was lifted right off a Lexus and doesn't look like it belongs on this Buick. The interior is far better but the dash and center look a bit grafted on and busy. I am impressed that they kept the far superior soft velour cloth on the lower end models but why couldn't they offer more color choices that too light tan or gray? Rear seat legroom is good at the total cost of trunk space with Toyota like intrusive trunk hinges. I mean come on guys couldn't you come up with better than 13.3 cu. ft. of trunk space on a car this big? Other gripes: SIDI smaller displacement 3.0 V6 engine in an all new body with a 6 speed auto tranny and they manged to lose 2 highway MPG and troque is down by 13 lbs ft. Kudos for finally offering AWD but why limit it to only one model with the smaller less powerful engine? I have not driven the new Lacrosse so cannot comment on the ride and drive but I am sure it drives very nice and is very refined. With curbweight up nearly 500 LBS from last years outgoing model it should be quiet and drive smoothly. Just don't expect much in the way of handling on the lower end models. Also why can't Buick offer alloy wheels on the base model like the old 09 versions and why does bluetooth and USB ports cost extra? I mean come on guys this crap is std on Kias and Hyundais for god sakes. I suspect that much of the ooohing and aahing over this car is mainly because it is all new and looks like a foreign car which is the current fad nowadays. After the newness wears off people will see yet another GM compromise car with too many faults

Also why can't Buick offer alloy wheels on the base model like the old 09 versions

It's as all their strides "forward" are cancelled by wheel covers as standard. Unbelievable.

Much prefer the G8.

+ 1

The G8 alludes to *that other car* in spirit. It doesn't take much to figure out it's a Pontiac yet, even standing still, it looks assertive. What a great car the G8 is/was. I saw a base one in silver tonight. Nice.

It's as all their strides "forward" are cancelled by wheel covers as standard. Unbelievable.

Agree once you go for a premium image the caps should go away.

As for comparing this to the G8, you can't. This is another kind of car. Apples and oranges here. This is more to luxury than to over all performance. Similar class but different goups you aim for. This never was ment to be a gear head car for the ring.

Also keep in mind much of this car was done with a GM with no money. I think if this was started when GM had no Pontiac and had money it would have been a much different car. The unanounced models from this point forward not counting the new small Delta and Regal may be interesting but we will not see them for a while.

Edited by hyperv6

When the Regal comes (hopefully, looking more Insignia), the LaCrosse CX needs to die.

:yes:

Even though I think the Chinese Regal looks Insignia-enough. IMHO. All they changed on the outside was to use a different grille/bumper plus the tiny side vents, which I personally do not like.

I intended to purchase a 2010 Allure CXL as soon as they became available in the Greater Toronto Area. They are showing up at dealers now and I have examined seven vehicles. They all have the same interior defect, the left side of the instrument panel is installed about 1/8"- 3/16" too high and does not line up with the door trim. This may appear to be minor but I know it will bug me and I have put the purchase on hold.

Other design features that I am prepared to live with are; large A pillars, small greenhouse for rear seat passengers, fuel filler on the right side, poor instrumentation and poor placement of some controls.

I do not think Lexus has to worry about the Allure/LaCrosse taking sales away from prospective Lexus buyers.