Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Pontiac Lives On With ‘Phoenix’ Camaro Trans Am Conversion

6 posts in this topic

Pontiac Lives On With ‘Phoenix’ Camaro Trans Am Conversion:

There are many behind-the-scenes players in the automotive industry that few on the outside ever hear of, despite their huge contributions. One such company is Trans Am Depot, who together with designer Kevin Morgan plans to launch a new Pontiac Trans Am conversion for the latest.

Labeled the ‘Phoenix’ Trans Am, and inspired by the original Camaro-based Trans Ams from 1977 and 1978, the new design has been in development for the past three years and will be previewed for the first time in concept form at the 2009 Trans Am Nationals.

Phoenix Trans Am Camaro conversion kitEnlarge Photo

The concept will be followed by the first production conversion later this year. It will vary from the concept car but will be an exact version of the conversion kits that are expected to go on sale this fall.

PHOTOS AND STORY AT LINK:

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1034261...s-am-conversion

This is good news. While you won't be able to buy a brand new Pontiac from GM soon, you'd still be able to buy one of Pontiac's greatest ponycars. Between Trans Am Depot's version and the one ASC has been working on, you might have a choice in which 2nd gen style you want (ASC's is more of the '70-'73 styling, whereas the Trans Am Depot is of the '77-'78 vintage). Can't wait to see pictures of the concept's reveal, and then hopefully the company buys space at some of the national auto shows (LA, Detroit, Chicago, NYC) to display it.

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

I saw the photo shopped car in the advanced High Performance Pontiac issue I got at work a couple weeks ago. It looks good. Sorry I could not scan it and post it.

The issue should hit the news stands this week and is in the front of the magazine. It is a black gold 77 style nose.

Edited by hyperv6

I like many of the versions of this I have seen.

So do I, but everything I've seen has been photoshopped and inconsistant. I'm afraid that both these projects are over optimistic.

I understand the '77-'78 version has a real unveiling soon. Hopefully the 'shops translate into a workable design and they can hold the costs down.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0