Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Jalopnik: Cops Cruise Woodward Avenue On Nerd Chariots [Woodward Dream Cruise]

10 posts in this topic

The Segway was the high-water mark of nerd-tastic transportation until the T3 Motion three-wheeled chariot came along. The local police had 'em to patrol this weekend's Woodward Dream Cruise. And believe us, nobody respected their authority. Gallery below.

We actually feel kind of sorry for these cops. How can you project an air of control over an armada of the baddest cars ever built when you're scooting around on a ride more suited to a sci-fi convention ? These guys are showing up to a gun fight with a kazoo.

500x_DSC_0118.jpg
500x_DSC_0117.jpg
500x_DSC_0116.jpg
500x_P1090973.jpg

di
di

full?d=H0mrP-F8Qgo full?d=yIl2AUoC8zA full?i=BlOdYZQ4_Gc:yWIfzkvqDyU:D7DqB2pKE full?i=BlOdYZQ4_Gc:yWIfzkvqDyU:V_sGLiPBp
BlOdYZQ4_Gc

View the full article

Actually, this is a good idea as the cars are not going that fast and it would be hard for a motorcycle to fit on that road between cars.

A very good idea as long as there are also officers available in normal vehicles, and these guys can radio the other officers if need be. It's an efficient and effective way to have police presence in cramped areas, and even though you could easily outrun these guys, you can't outrun motorola.

I've always wondered what that thing was...I see security guards at my school ride around on those.

on the north part of woodward a cop on mountain bike hit a mirror on a 70's corvette. I heard the owner was VERY pissed. and got a citation for assualting an officer. I hope he wins in court. Although i dont know the details.

Interesting..I wonder if anyone has built a version w/ integrated tear gas canister launchers, tasers, guns, etc for crowd control use..

on the north part of woodward a cop on mountain bike hit a mirror on a 70's corvette. I heard the owner was VERY pissed. and got a citation for assualting an officer. I hope he wins in court. Although i dont know the details.

That's crazy....

If it were a pedal bike delivery driver, the Corvette owner would be in court on manslaughter charges.

Meh I'm just wishin' I could see all of that red Buick 'vert :drool:

"POLICE! Please stop your vehicle! Uh... please stop your vehicle? Pretty please, with a cherry on top? Wait! Please wait! darn it, there goes another one.........":lol:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0