Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: REPORT: Gumpert Apollo Sport sets new production car lap "record" at Nürburgring

3 posts in this topic

Filed under: Coupe, Performance, Etc., Europe

gapr_lead.jpg
Gumpert Apollo Sport at the Nurburgring - Click above for high-res image gallery

Porsche GT2? Get lost. Godzilla? Scram. Corvette ZR1? Take a hike. Dodge Viper ACR? Nothing but a big sissy. There's a new sheriff in Nordschleifeland and its name is Apollo, Gumpert Apollo. Actually, the proper name is Gumpert Apollo Sport, and on August 13, one piloted by a 26-year-old named Florian Gruber ran around the Nurburgring in 7:11:57, shattering all the other production car "records" by eleven seconds or more. Dang, right?

What makes the Apollo sport so fraggin' fast you ask? How does a 700-hp, twin-turbo'd Audi 4.2-liter FSI V8 strike you? Makes a bit more sense suddenly that little David here was able to chop down all those Goliaths, right? Anyhow, hats off to Mr. Gruber, Mr. Gumpert and the rest of the crew. Here's hoping that one day some sort of governing body sanctions 'Ring times. And we won't say a word to Radical and their "record."

[source: World Car Fans]

REPORT: Gumpert Apollo Sport sets new production car lap "record" at Nürburgring originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 18 Aug 2009 15:19:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=yNAJkor9Tfc:FufZyd07cSw:wF9xT autoblog?i=yNAJkor9Tfc:FufZyd07cSw:V_sGL
yNAJkor9Tfc

View the full article

Heh! I was there the day after this happened. Albert and I were eating at a local eatery walking distance from the 'Ring main entrance. On our way back to the car, I noticed a yellow exotic parked behind us that I couldn't identify. It was the yellow Gumpert shown in the gallery in this article!

Edit: I'll have a pic of it for you later parked behind my black 320i rental.

Cool stuff. Top Gear reviewed the car and it was blisteringly fast. However I don't think I'd want to live with it on a daily basis.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room