Craigslist has paid off! My new car is a...

Hahaha... Soprano's! I've gotten that comment (mafia car) more than just on here since I bought the car. And I'm thinking of not tinting the windows because of the "it will look even more like a mafia car" comments :lol:

Derek - I defintiely have to arrange the time to come see you with the car to get those windows fixed. I'm thinking Saturday the 12th, if you're available. Remember I told you the TEMP idiot light/telltale light on the dash cluster came on? Well, it did it again last night after a short drive. The car is going to the local repair shop this morning for a Private Party Inspection (PPI), so hopefully that will tell what that issue is about (maybe low coolant?). I have to get this car inspected by the 9th, and I'm not sure if the two broken passenger side windows will "fail" the car.

Black on black on black Fleetwood, south Jersey, etc...Roger...your cool factor just called, it has a new agent

Well, the wife will disagre with you on that comment... she still calls it a granpa car :lol: Everyone else likes it, but she says that they're just being nice to me. It hasn't gone to work yet with me, and the students don't return until Tuesday. But I'm still in love with this car and can't wait until some routine maintenance gets done to it so I feel more comfortable driving it.

66Stang - don't be a copy-cat!! I appreciate your comments about the landscaping, but the credit goes to the landscaping company our association uses and to my wife for planting the various types of plants she bought in the spring. I actually call it the "gypsy garden" because my wife buys/plants what she sees & likes and not in any methodical order. But it makes the front of our townhouse a little nicer from the rest.

Again, thanks for all of the compliments - I love seeing the car out in the driveway everyday. It truly is a dream come true for me.

Glad to know someone else needs help in the landscaping department...after working all day, it's hard to get motivated to weed and clean.

Also, be interested to see what the car looks like with a tint and a detail.

Chris

Well, I picked up the Caddy from the local repair shop about 20 minutes ago and the news is GOOD. They were very surpirsed at how great of a shape the car was in for being 13 years old. The items that need attention, outside of the passenger-side power windows, include the following: new tires, idler arm, alignment, new hoses (still has its original hoses, which aren't in bad shape but to prevent issues down the road), and a new air filter. The brakes are in like-new condition, the battery & altenator passed their tests, and the coolant is still good (though he said a flush and new coolant would be a good idea). So I know now that it will fail NJ State Inspection based on the tires, but I'll have 45 days to get new tires and have the car re-inspected, so that gives me more time to find a new set of tires for the beast. I feel a lot better about my purchase now, and Derek's visual inspection aided me too.

Uggghhh... I told the repair shop not to put down either of the passenger side windows because I know they have an issue and a repair is being done by a friend. I get home from dinner last night with my family & parents and what do I find? The right rear passenger window is half way down. My dad helps me get it up and all is well. Around noon today me and my little guy are on our way to a car show and my wife calls my cell to ask me why I left the right rear passenger window half way down? I tell her I didn't touch the Caddy today and I'll have to fix it later. So far it is staying up, but I'm guessing that the repair shop didn't listen to me and activated the window switch against my wishes. Hopefully it stays up on it's own until I can get it fixed...

67impss - thanks for the link. I've visited there in the past and just signed up today so I can start posting.

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

One must-do mod from what I've heard is to switch out the HVAC control unit for the one in the Roadmaster...apparently the Roadmaster's unit has much greater functionality that the Caddy engineers removed in the Fleetwood's unit for the sake of "interface simplicity" though the two units are completely swappable.

One must-do mod from what I've heard is to switch out the HVAC control unit for the one in the Roadmaster...apparently the Roadmaster's unit has much greater functionality that the Caddy engineers removed in the Fleetwood's unit for the sake of "interface simplicity" though the two units are completely swappable.

Yes...absolutely. One of the first mods I did and the biggest and best change, period, for the 2.5 years I had mine.

Otherwise, Roger, sounds like quite a bit of developments though mostly good (or great, really) aside from the windows. Not sure what's going on with me yet, but we'll get in touch.

Thanks Croc for the suggestion. It was one that caddycruiser suggested to me when he did his inspection of the FWB for me prior to me completing the purchase. I will have to check into it and see what the cost is for the Roadmaster unit. The wife doesn't like how heat *only* comes out of the floor vents and A/C *only* comes out of the dash vents (the downside to the Caddy's HVAC system/controls). If its affordable, it's something I may consider soon.

A new positive development... I took the car to the New Jersey State Inspection Facility closest to my home yesterday afternoon and it PASSED!! I guess the tires were not as bad as I was told, though they do need to be replaced soon. And I'm guessing they didn't bother trying to open up the passenger side windows. It is now wearing its 2-year inspection sticker proudly sitting out in my driveway.

caddycruiser - I' ve been meaning to send you an e-mail about getting together to work on the car, but with me returning to work I have not turned on my home computer since the weekend. I will try to contact you tonight by e-mail with some dates. I want to start working on this car soon and will try to take care of some items before meeting with you.

Thanks Croc for the suggestion. It was one that caddycruiser suggested to me when he did his inspection of the FWB for me prior to me completing the purchase. I will have to check into it and see what the cost is for the Roadmaster unit. The wife doesn't like how heat *only* comes out of the floor vents and A/C *only* comes out of the dash vents (the downside to the Caddy's HVAC system/controls). If its affordable, it's something I may consider soon.

A new positive development... I took the car to the New Jersey State Inspection Facility closest to my home yesterday afternoon and it PASSED!! I guess the tires were not as bad as I was told, though they do need to be replaced soon. And I'm guessing they didn't bother trying to open up the passenger side windows. It is now wearing its 2-year inspection sticker proudly sitting out in my driveway.

caddycruiser - I' ve been meaning to send you an e-mail about getting together to work on the car, but with me returning to work I have not turned on my home computer since the weekend. I will try to contact you tonight by e-mail with some dates. I want to start working on this car soon and will try to take care of some items before meeting with you.

Sounds great...and I'll put the eyes out for a Roadmaster CC unit, for cheap, too. It takes a little customizing of brackets, but otherwise is easy.

We'll chat :AH-HA_wink: