PEANUT BUTTER

most definitely JIF!

Jif Creamy!

I love the Jif Natural too. Yummy.

Trying the Simply Jif and Jif Crunchy these days too.

Another one I tried recently was Trader Joes unsalted creamy, although i hate having to refrigerate peanut butter. Thought i'd give the whole foods peanut butter a try.

Every time I try skippy, meh. Doesn't match up to Jif.

The walmart and target brands are ok but in truth JIF reigns supreme and has something going on with it that just rocks. I am even split between the natural and the regular creamy depending on my mood.

Edited by regfootball

JIF chunky/crunchy...(is there such a thing as bad peanut butter?)

Dropped all the good stuff except for a buffet 1 or 2x a week and lost 20 lbs. and my cholesterol returned to normal range without meds.

Gotten away from PB lately. Used to do the English muffin with PB/strawberry jelly every morning. No longer.

Edited by trinacriabob

PB is one of the best things for you. Its a MUFA.

I did not know Smuckers made PB. I will have to scope that out.

NPB_honey.gif

It is quite good for yo so long as you go for the PB that doesn't use hydrogenated oils and HF corn syrup, and go for jelly/jam/preserves/etc. that uses natral sweeteners and/or sugar.

ss_67PolanerRaspberrySpread.jpg

Hmmm...I haven't bought or eaten peanut butter (other than the occasional candy bar) in over 20 years. Haven't eaten it on a sandwich since high school.... I guess it's because I don't have kids.

Strange...I saw this thread and thought..peanut butter..when were you last in my life? Long time..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I usually get Skippy creamy because that's what I grew up on, but I also like Peter Pan. I've never really had Jif though.

I grew up on Skippy, and its pretty much the best... I flip back and forth between crunchy and smooth... but I really like the honey nut roasted one. Reeses is also good for a change up... but its very sweet, like candy. Jif is OK... but just don't thrill me. Peter Pan I had once in my life and got caught up in the E. Coli food poisoning deal and was sick for three days... and its wasn't that great.

Best thing to do with peanut butter... PB and Honey sandwiches. Or eaten right from the jar.

Cashew Butter FTW.

Nutella hazelnut cocoa spread is good. but i think its more sugan than nut butter.

never had cashew butter. i hear almond butter is good. is there walnut butter? walnuts i could really enjoy all day.

I just had a PB hit a couple hours ago. Need to go get another!

Mouth watering for some jif natural.......

Edited by regfootball

nutella?

When we lived in Italy for a few years when I was in grade school, Nutella was in every kitchen's cupboard.

I loved it. Now, it probably tastes too rich for my blander taste buds. It was delicious, as I recall.

We would put it on pieces of toasted, fresh-from-the-bakery bread rolls. Damn, Italy and food...

When we lived in Italy for a few years when I was in grade school, Nutella was in every kitchen's cupboard.

I loved it. Now, it probably tastes too rich for my blander taste buds. It was delicious, as I recall.

We would put it on pieces of toasted, fresh-from-the-bakery bread rolls. Damn, Italy and food...

Yep, we always had a jar of Nutella when I was in Italy too. It's amazing how common that stuff is over in Europe, but here you hardly ever hear of it. I don't think Europeans really eat much peanut butter.

• 2 weeks later...

Peter Pan NO sugar added 4 carbs - 1 fiber = 3 net carbs = good

When I found locarb bread & jelly/jam along with PB and Hood's Carb/Calorie Countdown milk I knew I was normal again (type 2 diabetic) Atkins 4 Life (inbetween cheats :rolleyes: ) gotta try the new Budweiser Select 55 1.9 carbs Though Mic Ultra flavered is great or on draught(best).

almond butter...

...hmmm...sounds interesting. I've never had it, and don't recall hearing about it.

I do know that, when one drives up the central inland part of Calif., betw. Bakersfield and Fresno, there are all those FREE almond tasting places. So 'effin tasty. Therefore, I'd probably like almond butter a lot.

picked up a jar of Jif creamy + honey tonight. will give it a go soon. wally world also had a brand i hadn't seen before, and a nutella contender.

peanut butter and co.

http://www.ilovepeanutbutter.com/

well they actually have several different kinds of peanut butter. the one i saw was a PB / dark chocolate mix.

i picked up some of the dark choc and white choc PB at walmart tonight. will try them and report back.

Believe it or not...the Aldi's brand PB is REAAAAALLY Good. Great roasted taste and no additives like Corn Syrup and sugars.

Has a great flavor and it is great in chunky as well...whole peanuts in the mix, not those little gum killer peanut chunks you find in other brands.

And if you are a German beer lover, try the Wernesgruner at Aldi's...absolutely the best pils you can buy in the USA.