KIA VENGA

regfootball

From Wikipedia:

The Kia Venga is a new subcompact hatchback produced by the South Korean automaker Kia Motors that will be unveiled at the 2009 Frankfurt Auto Show.[1] It is Kia's version of the Hyundai i20 subcompact. It will replace the dated Kia Rio in the Kia lineup.

giving honda 18k for the crackerbox fit is a crime. i'll take the kia/warranty and save 4k and get the BAMR.

Are you basing this on 4 images of this vehicle? The Fit sells for more than just its styling.

Surprised that anyone would assume a Kia product is a quality product with great driving feel and engineering. Based on their track record I would assume the opposite, until I drove it. I also wouldn't assume that it's a long-lasting product until it has been around for many years and shows that it doesn't need that long warranty.

Are you basing this on 4 images of this vehicle? The Fit sells for more than just its styling.

Surprised that anyone would assume a Kia product is a quality product with great driving feel and engineering. Based on their track record I would assume the opposite, until I drove it. I also wouldn't assume that it's a long-lasting product until it has been around for many years and shows that it doesn't need that long warranty.

With the long warranty and low price, they are bound to pick up sales from cheapskates that aren't picky. People at the bottom of the market aren't really concerned w/ quality.

Rob

I've driven both the Fit and the Soul, on which the Venga is based. The Soul feels more substantial, and the interior is much, much nicer, while the Fit has crisper control feel - better steering, gearbox, and throttle response. It's also more economical. Overall, however, I'd say the Kia is the better car for most Americans. If the Venga is as good as the Soul, I think it will surprise a lot of people.

Personally, I'd rather have a Fiesta, Polo, or 207, but those are more traditional low-roof hatchbacks.

test drove the fit.

it handles well. power is decent but lacks pep. gearbox is good but whats the point if no torque.

interior is loud and noisy. chassis feels insubstantial.

interior design is gimmicky and plastics are not the best.

nice ride but honestly the only virtue the fit has is handling and even then the SX4 is 97% as good. Sx4 is a far better way to spend your money than the fit, the only exception is the fit cargo packaging may be the decider for those that really need it.

fit would not be a good car on a long trip where a car like the cobalt with stick absolutely would be a great travelling car.

My aunt has a Soul, which she traded in her Mini on. While it will never be my car of choice, I will say this: the interior quality and design actually isn't all that bad in person (I just hate that it's a sea of gray upon black upon gray). What I really hated about it, though, was raising the hood and looking at the engine compartment. This is one area of the car that looks cheap as cheap can get.

My aunt has a Soul, which she traded in her Mini on. While it will never be my car of choice, I will say this: the interior quality and design actually isn't all that bad in person (I just hate that it's a sea of gray upon black upon gray). What I really hated about it, though, was raising the hood and looking at the engine compartment. This is one area of the car that looks cheap as cheap can get.

What car isn't a sea of blk & or gray the only way to get out of that box is to spend maybe 25K then get the option of2-3K leather in brown or ivory. :rolleyes:

What car isn't a sea of blk & or gray the only way to get out of that box is to spend maybe 25K then get the option of2-3K leather in brown or ivory. :rolleyes:

The Aura in our household stickered under 25 grand and it has a black and tan interior. For the record, it also has cloth and not leather.

So when she trades it on The Next Big Thing, you can say she sold her Soul? :)

:lol:

the soul and forte share some interior stuff, but the soul's interior is done way nicer.