Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoLine: FIRST LOOK: 2010 Suzuki Kizashi

15 posts in this topic

Runtime 5:31

SUZUKI KIZASHI

Suzuki is one of Japan’s smaller automakers. To try and grow its sales, later this year it’s launching a new midsize sedan called the Kizashi. It’s aimed right at competitors like the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry. The car is not available at dealerships yet, but here’s a quick overview of what it will bring to the market.

View the full article

Looks great, if they price it and market it right, this could be a terrific product for Suzuki.

Just went to the website--I'm very impressed. It has a lot of premium features available. I'm interested to see prices and packages.

Suzuki can do chrome exhaust cutouts, standard, with a 4 cylinder engine.

Buick can't.

For shame!

Suzuki can do chrome exhaust cutouts, standard, with a 4 cylinder engine.

Buick can't.

For shame!

Actually, I thought that part was pretty silly. In ten years, are we going to need one exhaust pipe per cylinder? Assuming the engine is an I4, do they have 2 mini exhaust manifolds, 2 catalytic converters, 2 exhaust systems at what, one inch diameter piping? It's extra expense, complication, and cost of ownership to achieve a silly bragging right IMO.

I like dual exhuast, even if it's not true dual because it;s symmetrical. It just looks more upscale.

I think t he Kizashi is very neat in that it looks small in photos but it's actually pretty big.

In press photos I got a Jetta vibe from it, but much less so in the walk around.

Looks much better here.

Looks great, if they price it and market it right, this could be a terrific product for Suzuki.

x2.

they are giving a lot of features.

and i read up on the AWD. its probably just a simple light all weather type of thing which they say gives you the option of not taking an mpg hit.

and the size, its a smaller midsize which may make it more nimble than some of the larger midsizers.

6 speed manual AWD 4 cylinder. suzuki and subaru...............

my neighbor has an SX4 and loves it. i have test driven the SX4 a couple times. if the kizashi is as frisky as the SX4 its a nice option in the midsize class where most of the competition has gone soft.

The makes are really moving away from a lot of affordable segments and MSRP's. Suzuki has a chance here to grow share if they can maintain a dealer network.

Edited by regfootball

I know this car was maligned quite a bit because it didn't live up to the concept version, but I actually like it. It is totally appropriate for Suzuki. It's not revolutionary and fails to break any new ground, but it is a nicely balanced design. Its size reminds me of the larger compact or entry level midsize sedans that Ford and GM used to make (Ford Contour/Mercury Mistique and Pontiac Grand Am/Oldsmobile Intrigue). I sort of miss this class of car. Since its taller and wider than either of those sedans, it may have better interior dimensions and passenger space. I can't wait to see one at the local dealership.

I know this car was maligned quite a bit because it didn't live up to the concept version, but I actually like it. It is totally appropriate for Suzuki. It's not revolutionary and fails to break any new ground, but it is a nicely balanced design. Its size reminds me of the larger compact or entry level midsize sedans that Ford and GM used to make (Ford Contour/Mercury Mistique and Pontiac Grand Am/Oldsmobile Intrigue). I sort of miss this class of car. Since its taller and wider than either of those sedans, it may have better interior dimensions and passenger space. I can't wait to see one at the local dealership.

not so large and not an econobox. i almost think of it as old cirrus/stratus/first sebring size......

Oops! I meant to write "Oldsmobile Alero" instead of "Oldsmobile Intrigue". Considering that I used to lease an Alero, I can't believe that I made that mistake. My bad!

i checked out a Kizashi today.

didn't drive it, didn't want to get a salesguy's hopes up and there was moisture out there and didn't want them to have to wash it after.

let me say this, very sharp car.

i like the exterior. its very cohesive. the front is nice. the rear is nice. the sides are nice. i love the rear exhaust surrounds.

size wise its smaller than the accord / fusion / altima / malibu / 6 / galant / camry / legacy / cast of thousands.

its bigger than a jetta. in fact the comparison to the Jetta is interesting because it looks like its the size of a Jetta but in fact I think its a little bigger.

I wonder if it isn't the size of the previous TSX or Acura Vigor.

remember that car?

ANYWAYS. its a nice size of car. seems small enough to feel more nimble. Large enough so its not a crapbox. the used 09 Malibu in the showroom near it felt barge like in comparison.

trunk is fairly spacious. its not overly deep but its tall and seems to have an ok width. its trimmed out ok.

The version I sat in had a 6 sp man, and cloth but was loaded up to about 24k.

The seats were supportive and felt good. the shifter falls right to hand and feels nice. I love the dash layout and center stack. the design is conservative but interesting and fresh at the same time. the gauges were nice although i felt they could use a little more glitz. the lighting was good on the dash. the steering wheel felt awesome. meaty, nice leather, great controls. good stalks. the radio ad CC are clean and simple. useful storage in the stack. storage under armrest is a little small. visibility seems nice out the car even with the high beltline. it feels like a larger jetta inside in terms of proportion.

the front seats felt cozy and there seemed to be a right sized amount of width and shoulder room. Leg room was fine in front. I did not sit in the back, it might be a little tight for a mid sized....but there is more room than the Jetta.

dash top looked soft but was not...it did look nice. material quality is probably equal to accord. its like an accord meets jetta interior. The simplicity of it is nice. the door panels were ok, maybe a little cheap. the legacy has a nicer interior but the difference is not phenomenal. i sat in a milan after the suzuki and i really lost interest in the new milan interior, it felt dated compared to the kizashi. kizashi is not as austere inside as a german car, but its not as ricey as a more typical Japanese car.

this seems like a neat original entry. i like the uniqueness of it and it is pretty nice inside.

the way i look at this. first off, vs fusion or malibu. i have grown weary of the malibu and the fusion even has a tired feel to it. but both are solid cars.

I could not see wanting a camry or altima or mazda6.

I like the Legacy and i think if I convinced myself getting a Japan make car was ok, then to me the Legacy and Kizashi would be my options and maybe an accord too....but the Legacy would probably edge the Kizashi just slightly but it would all come down to a test drive.

The one i sat in even had keyless start, moonroof, and memory seats. not bad for 24k. No Kia feels this nice.

In my case I would prefer to see something around 21k or so more basic with sunroof and manual seat. at that price you can justify it as a step up from say a mazda3.

NIce car. I would take one over a Jetta. Can't wait to test drive one someday.

BTW saw a new crosstour on the road today. EASILY the ugliest thing on the roads these days!!!!!!!!! EASILY! wow its hideous!!!!

Edited by regfootball

My Sierra dealership bought the local Suzuki franchise. They have a gray one out front. Maybe sometime in April when the snow is gone I'll stop in and look at one.

it definitely is not an American style car, but what I like is that its not a new age Japanese puff cruiser either. To me, it reminds me of something a Japanese sportbike fan would drive who probably had a beat up civic or accord growing up, and now needs a family car and gags at the thought of owning a Kia or a Toyota.

It definitely seems more slick than say, a Mazda6, Accord, or an Altima.

I know they are putting the 3.6 in this car, but I think this car could create major buzz if it had a turbo kit.

As far as Japanese brand sedans in the mid segment, the Legacy and Kizashi have appeal to me on product. I have always like the Galant from a utility and cost benefit standpoint (having had a couple as loaners before).

The car I would like to wring out is the Legacy GT sedan. BUt that is several thousand more than this car. I can't recall if this Kshi had NAV or not.

I just hope the Regal is cost competitive with these two cars and the Fusion for me. The Fusion is probably my defacto choice at the present time due to cost and familiarity and having a Ford dealer a mile away. The Regal is the most desirable. The Kizashi or some VW may be the dark horse.

Edited by regfootball