Sign in to follow this  
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: First Drive: 2010 Mazdaspeed3, the five-door sports car evolved

9 posts in this topic

NewsFeeder    9

Filed under: Performance, Hatchback, Mazda, First Drive

2010mazdaspeed3_fd000_opta.jpg
2010 Mazdaspeed3 - Click above for high-res image gallery

It's easy to dismiss Mazda's "Zoom-Zoom" tagline as insufferable marketing frippery. Unlike other automakers who relentlessly cling to past motorsport achievements or well-worn brand imagery, with Mazda, there's an overwhelming sense that its U.S. arm is made up of tried-and-true enthusiasts who put a premium on driver involvement and revel in their status as The Little Guy.

It's very grassroots. And it shows.

Each of Mazda's products - from the divine MX-5 to the oft-overlooked CX-7 - embodies everything we want in a vehicle, regardless of size, capacity or utility. They just deliver. Steering, handling, balance - it's all there. And like every other automaker, we know they occasionally leave something on the table, but it never comes at the expense of the car/driver connection. Here's even more evidence: the 2010 Mazdaspeed3.

All photos copyright Damon Lavrinc / Weblogs Inc.

Continue reading First Drive: 2010 Mazdaspeed3, the five-door sports car evolved

First Drive: 2010 Mazdaspeed3, the five-door sports car evolved originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:55:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=XYnC7CTCYc4:-yiOqffaaZY:wF9xT autoblog?i=XYnC7CTCYc4:-yiOqffaaZY:V_sGL
XYnC7CTCYc4

View the full article

pow    106

I never liked the old Mazda Mazda3 Mazdaspeed, but with this new more refined one, I'd take it over the GTI. I actually a fan of the styling, more interesting than the generic old one.

Edited by pow

As a current Mazda owner all I can say is that Mazda won't be selling me a car with this one.

It is ALMOST as ugly as the Acura lineup. Wait...other than the Maxima, NOTHING is that ugly.

Chris

regfootball    222

its odd, i just tooled through a mazda lot this evening. the 'smile' has been grafted onto a CX-7 and it actually looks pretty good on that.

but on this its dreadful. absolutely terrible.

the entrepeneur in me thinks there could be a big market designing and selling a new bottom grille insert that could be reshaped and the black part minimized, so the whole thing doesn't look so atrocious.

and actually, i did like the interior redo. it is well done and all that, but i determined the swoopy swoosh thing i just am not into. its not totally f-ked like a civic interior, but its just too gimmicky for me. i guess i just like boring interiors with rigid lines.

Edited by regfootball

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this