Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Aston Martin One-77: The justification's in the details

6 posts in this topic

Filed under: Coupe, Performance, Europe, Aston Martin, Luxury

one77galpin_lead.jpg
Aston Martin One-77 at Galpin Motors - Click above for high-res image gallery

£1.25 million. That's Brit-speak for $1,800,000, give or take. A staggering amount of money. More than a Bugatti Veyron, more than a Lamborghini Reventón. Quite simply the most expensive new car, well, ever. Er, well, it would have been if not for the $2.2 million Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport. And for what? Before last night, we would have said nearly two million smackeroos gets you a widened DB9 with a large 7.3-liter V-12. Yes, there will be only seventy-seven hand built Aston Martin One-77s made, but so what? That's just way too much lucre, filthy or otherwise.

Aston Martin was good enough to invite us down to a post-Pebble Beach showing of its new hypercar in the impressive vault room at Los Angeles' Galpin Motors. Curtains circled the display, the car was draped with a cloth and many of the city's wealthiest citizens (most had previously purchased an Aston Martin from Galpin) enjoyed gratis cocktails mit snacks.

Before the covers came off they fired up and then revved the engine. Whoa. This was different. This was something special. The massive motor rapidly climbed through the range not like a normal big-bore V12, but more like an F1 car. Totally impressive. Finally the big Aston was revealed, and you know, it was still a nice looking car, but massively overpriced. And then they popped the hood.

Photos copyright ©2009 Drew Phillips / Weblogs, Inc.

Continue reading Aston Martin One-77: The justification's in the details

Aston Martin One-77: The justification's in the details originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=BeU4PlpJL5I:YHJYBN6ViFY:wF9xT autoblog?i=BeU4PlpJL5I:YHJYBN6ViFY:V_sGL
BeU4PlpJL5I

View the full article

This car is insane (in a good way). Engineering at its best!

The engine is amazing and how they made the car out of carbon fiber. Engineering excellence. But I must say, I think the DB9 and even the Vantage look better. The DB9 I think is the best looking Aston since the 1964 DB5.

Truly the ultimate Aston, a vision of beauty and excellence, as it should be.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0