Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: GM Brazil unveils the Chevy Agile, thankfully, it's not the new Aveo!

14 posts in this topic

Filed under: Hatchback, Chevrolet, South America

x10ch_ag003br.jpg

General Motors Brazil has just released the first official image of its new Agile small car. Thankfully, contrary to earlier speculation, the somewhat awkward-looking car that you see here will not be GM's new B-segment model for North America (oft referred to as Viva). The North American model will actually retain the Aveo name when it debuts next year and wear styling that emulates the even smaller Chevy Spark in some respects, only stretched over a longer platform. We saw the next-generation Aveo last week at GM, and while it doesn't quite have the style of the competing Ford Fiesta, it's a huge improvement over either the current Aveo or the Agile shown here.

We don't know many details of either the Aveo or the Agile yet, so it's possible that they'll share some underpinnings. Judging by the way the Agile sits on its wheels, it looks like it is designed for less-developed markets where road quality might not be up to most US or European standards and more wheel travel is required. The Google translated press release is after the jump.

[source: General Motors Brazil]

Continue reading GM Brazil unveils the Chevy Agile, thankfully, it's not the new Aveo!

GM Brazil unveils the Chevy Agile, thankfully, it's not the new Aveo! originally appeared on Autoblog on Sat, 22 Aug 2009 09:55:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=Y_TxkH5CoBw:8XUGXYAkPZQ:wF9xT autoblog?i=Y_TxkH5CoBw:8XUGXYAkPZQ:V_sGL
Y_TxkH5CoBw

View the full article

If the some of the styling cues on this look familiar, they should.

chevrolet-gpix-concept-crossover-side.jp

:AH-HA_wink:

Edited by whiteknight

Blacked out C-Pillar FTL.

But t3h Jag doez it! :P

Seriously, the car looks horrible and I seriously hope Gamma can give us better looking and better proportioned cars... that concept looked 1000000000000000000000 times better.

Edited by ZL-1

Looks like the Chevy version of the Vibe.

I thought the same thing But had read somewhere that it was local only they had not seen any pic at that time though

It's not bad.....

Looks better than the current Aveo 5dr...

Not as ugly as a Fit or most of the other cars but I still don't understand the high-looking ground clearance, poorer-road country or not.....

The GPiX concept got away with the high ground clearance because it was intended to be a small crossover SUV.

The relationship between the Agile and the GPiX isn't unlike the one between the original Traverse concept and the Malibu MAXX.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0