Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Bad Brakes: Rust triumphs over Mercury Gran Marquis

9 posts in this topic

Filed under: Etc., Humor

badbrakes10.jpg
Talk About Bad Brakes - click above image for high-res gallery

There's surprisingly little to say here. "D'oh!" comes to mind, as does "Epic Fail." A picture of a spazzed out cat captioned with, "I can haz brakes?" would also work. As would a photo of Jill Wagner getting a tetanus shot. Other than that, um, you would think someone would have noticed something before it got this bad, right?

We've heard about wearing 'em down to the rotors, but this is just silly. And for all you heroic defenders of the mighty Panther platform about to come out of the woodwork, we agree - it's probably an aberration. But still... yeesh. Thanks to VW Vortex forum member barry2952 and the Gluckster for the tip!

Gallery: Bad Brakes

badbrakes50badbrakes60badbrakes70

[source: VWVortex.com]

Bad Brakes: Rust triumphs over Mercury Gran Marquis originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=xqh_Ss6wPKQ:BI9QDbYpc7w:wF9xT autoblog?i=xqh_Ss6wPKQ:BI9QDbYpc7w:V_sGL
xqh_Ss6wPKQ

View the full article

Anyone else having trouble with the physics of this?

I looked at the hi rez & there has to be some very thin "meat " left positioned under the pad backers(no pad left)

I'd like to know how the the outer ring of the rotor is still there. If it's rusted to the caliper than it means the car hasn't moved in a while. It's like the car sat water or something. Look at the rust on the bidy and stuff. Our older GM has less rust than that.

Most NYC taxicabs have slightly less meat left on their brakes.

:blink:

And I thought my rotors on the Firebird were bad before I replaced them.

since when did they put disk brakes on the rear of Grand Marquis's? You would have to notice somthing wrong before it got to this point so im going with staged.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0